Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to clean all the interior glass windows for the first time since I bought the Insight 3 months ago, today. It's a pain trying to clean the front & rear windshields on most cars. I usually put it off until they start fogging up during humid weather. Any good tools or tips you guys have for cleaning the front & rear windshield? My opinion on the Insight windshield is that the front is slightly better to clean than the rear(slope roof?).

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
I like this Invisible Glass Reach & Clean tool to get to corners without a lot of strain. You can see it used in this video by Ammo NYC (who also has other great youtube videos on washing/detailing). I've used the tool mostly for the front windshield so far, but I could see this tool making the rear windshield corners easier to reach as well. Another tip/idea that reduced my contortion maneuvers was to clean the entire front windshield from the passenger side, using either the 'backhanded' motion or the tool, as shown in the video.

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like this Invisible Glass Reach & Clean tool to get to corners without a lot of strain. You can see it used in this video by Ammo NYC (who also has other great youtube videos on washing/detailing). I've used the tool mostly for the front windshield so far, but I could see this tool making the rear windshield corners easier to reach as well. Another tip/idea that reduced my contortion maneuvers was to clean the entire front windshield from the passenger side, using either the 'backhanded' motion or the tool, as shown in the video.
I will definitely look into buying that windshield cleaning tool and the Ammo NYC video had great advice, too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very helpful, both as to the product and the video(s).

The car itself is so appealing that one wants to keep it looking brand new!

·
Registered
249 Posts
There was another video I saw where the cleaner stated to use rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol to clean your interior windshield prior to using a glass cleaner to finish the job properly.
Seems to work fine for me. I've never seen the glass cleaner used above, but the cleaner in the add suggested to buy the mister clean magic sponge. . .

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
There was another video I saw where the cleaner stated to use rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol to clean your interior windshield prior to using a glass cleaner to finish the job properly.
Seems to work fine for me. I've never seen the glass cleaner used above, but the cleaner in the add suggested to buy the mister clean magic sponge. . .
I use Safelite glass cleaner. It's denatured alcohol based and has given great results.

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glass cleaners normally contain alcohol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts