Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My existing power inverter, which was perfect for my 2008 Prius, is pretty much useless in my Insight.

The Prius had a 12V port hidden inside the center console, and my inverter is a bulky blue box that perfectly fits inside that center console, which makes it's 2' cord more than sufficient. However, when I plug it into my Insight, it dangles clumsily in the passenger footwell. :)

So, I'm in the market for a new one. Obviously I need a longer cord. Curious if anyone has found one that integrates into the Insight's cabin well.

(I need it to power my laptop, which unfortunately only supports AC wall chargers. Silly Lenovo...)

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
My existing power inverter, which was perfect for my 2008 Prius, is pretty much useless in my Insight.
[...]
So, I'm in the market for a new one. Obviously I need a longer cord. Curious if anyone has found one that integrates into the Insight's cabin well.
@Insightfu1 mentioned running a 150W inverter (plus dash cam and phone charger) using a 3-in-1 cigarette lighter adapter, and might have a lead on a part/page for the 150W inverter that works with the Insight - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/26178-post10.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts