Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
No commentary offered at all from Honda for July nor August... Publishing the results is usually an opportunity to spin the positive (e.g. electrified vehicle sales are up 14% versus last year due to CR-V hybrid)... but I guess it's hard to find silver linings when total sales are still down during the pandemic.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm curious about what year models are the ones that sold? I know in the Denver area there are still 2019 models on some dealer lots. . .

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
I'm curious about what year models are the ones that sold? I know in the Denver area there are still 2019 models on some dealer lots. . .
Honda doesn't share the sale detail by model year publicly. They group any/all sales by total model in the report summary, so each row reflects the sum of both past and present model years.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
No commentary offered at all from Honda for July nor August... Publishing the results is usually an opportunity to spin the positive (e.g. electrified vehicle sales are up 14% versus last year due to CR-V hybrid)... but I guess it's hard to find silver linings when total sales are still down during the pandemic.
According to the article below, in addition to lower-than-expected sales due to Covid, a "calendar quirk" is another reason Honda sales are down in August 2020 versus August 2019. Last year's August sales included 2 additional sales days and Labor Day weekend sales. Those sales days will get reflected in September 2020 results this year, so I'm fulling expecting to see Honda report much stronger sales next month.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sales are slightly better than the gen 2. But weaker than I'd like.
Its a great car and should sell better. The lack of advertising helps keep it a secret from the smaller portion of the market still interested in 4 dr sedans.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sales are slightly better than the gen 2. But weaker than I'd like.
Its a great car and should sell better. The lack of advertising helps keep it a secret from the smaller portion of the market still interested in 4 dr sedans.
I feel like I'm driving a new car still due to how rare it is on the road. I was waiting for takeout in my car the other day when another Honda(9th gen accord) pulled up behind me. Driver got out and walked up to get a closer look. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts