Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly find out When drive at night time ,the auto high beam indicator is no more show up on the dash , used to show up when head light on at night . My head light switch is always on auto .I try to holding the switch 30s to active the function just like Honda says . The indicator flash once, which should be turn on the auto high beam function. But still no indicator pop out when outside is dark . By the way my auto low beam is working fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to toggle my switch back like I am going to flash my high beams at someone, then the indicator on the dash will show that the auto brights are on to the left of the auto head lamps indicator. I turn mine on and off often because on some of the roads I drive with curves I think they are on and off in weird spots. I always just use the stalk like I am flashing someone and it turns the auto brights on and off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I suppose you tried disabling the system (on purpose), then re-enabling it? It might just need to cycle.

Here's the relevant page of the manual, for anyone reading. Fun fact: if you manually engage the high beams, the auto high beam system turns off until you reactivate it. I suppose that way the beams don't automatically turn themselves off when you've commanded them to be on...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You guys . I tried to disable it and turn it on , like a circle. I will see what happened tonight

·
Registered
35 Posts
LED headlights offer great illumination - but the cost of replacing a burned out LED headlight can be considerable...I have not found any estimates for the 2019 Insight but, WITH LABOR, I have seen other cars having the replacement cost being $200 or even much higher. It's likely the Insight headlight cluster with all the bulbs in it is actually a single integrated unit (one bulb goes, all have to be replaced).

What shortens the life of LED bulbs is actually turning them off and on repeatedly (true, for even the bulbs used in household use). It seems to me that a lot of cars I see at night with only one headlight operating are disproportionately those cars with LED headlights. You would think these LED headlights would be engineered to last the lifetime of the car, but apparently this is not always the case.

Drive safe, but something to think about with this automatic on-off high beam feature. I would also be interested to know if anybody has any idea how difficult/expensive it is to replace the headlight bulbs in this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts