Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start this thread to give those looking to finance their new car a heads up as to what is out there. I'll start off with a bit of info I have.

Most Credit Unions Usually offer good rates. Here in San Francisco, the SF Police Credit Union (SFPCU) offers very good rates. My friend who is the VP of the SFPCU travels all over California to get law enforcement groups, agencies & associations to allow SFPCU for their employees... an add on to their benefits. Though Law Enforcement agencies may have access to a credit union, most DO NOT have their own. That said, if you're in Law Enforcement in California or related to a family member who is, check to see if you have access to the SFPCU. If you do, you'll be able to partake of the SFPCU membership and the benefits that come with it. For example - In regards to Auto Loans, SFPCU has rates as LOW as 2.89% up to 3.89%. They currently also have a Special Rate on an 18-month CD that's paying 2.631% with a MINIMUM of ONLY $500.

Here are Auto Loan Rates from the SF Police Credit Union.

Features & Benefits
.25% discount for enrollment in automatic payments
Low competitive rates on new, used and refinanced auto loans
No-cost personal Auto Buying Service
1% rate discount with Enterprise Car Sales**
Flexible repayment terms
Convenient payment options
Easy and secure online application process
GAP Insurance and Payment Protection are available

Auto Loans - New and Used
Rates Effective: May 1, 2019

Term APR As Low As*

1-36 months 2.89%
37-60 months 3.14%
61-72 months 3.39%
73-84 months 3.89% $25k and over

https://www.sfpcu.org/accounts-services/vehicle-loans/auto-loans[/url[/I]

·
Registered
59 Posts
I usually finance with Honda Financial Services because they have specials and I don't need to worry about dealer upping the finance rates. However, since there are no advertised rates for the Insight (no Honda hybrid for that matter). I'm curious what rates folks were offered if any.

I was offered 3.99 for 60 months and 4.24 for 72 months.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I know she was somewhere in the 3% range, financed through her credit union. 60 months.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used Lightstream, which will beat your best offer by 0.1%, as long as you have a written approval letter from the other lender. I got 2.79% back in September.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Back in May, I got 3.34% for 66 months from a local bank that the dealership uses. They had a better rate than what my credit union wanted!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got 4.9% on 72 months through the dealership, and 3.2% on 36 months through my own financing on a Insight EX 2020. This is with a 700 credit score.

·
Registered
2020 Insight Touring, Crimson Pearl #10051
26 Posts
We just got 2.25% through our local credit union. (was 2.5%, but 1/4% extra for vehicle with higher than 35mpg). Shop around. Don't go for anything in the 4%.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So a couple of tips here. Vibrant Federal Credit Union in the Midwest Illinois area currently has finance rates at 1.9 percent on new autos. In CT, the rate at the CT State Employees Credit Union is 2.49 percent. I'm looking at both options for refinance to drop my rate down from 4.54 percent

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was able to refinance my loan I got in February at Huntington Bank for 4.54 percent with CT State Employees Credit Union for 2.49 percent. Lowered payments to 309 a month from 335. Actually can have it taken right out of my paycheck on a biweekly basis so works for me 😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts