Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found occasional problems with the auto lock function. Usually with the fob in my pocket if I grab the door handle it unlocks, and when I walk away it auto locks.

However, several times grabbing the handle does nothing, I need to repeat, pull on the handle, etc. before it unlocks. On two occasions it still would not unlock and I had to use the buttons on the fob. This is without gloves on.

In addition, on at least two occasions I returned to my car (actually my wife, I was still farther away) and it was unlocked.

Anyone else experience this? I could bring to dealer, but with any intermittent problem it is touch to diagnose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For the unlocking issue I would make sure you are not touching the lock button on the top of the door handle, I have done that a few times, if you press it then the car will not unlock for a few seconds.

I have also noticed one scenario that will cause the car not to lock when you walk away. If the driver exits the vehicle and walks away from the car before all the doors are closed, such as if another passenger is still exiting, then the car will not lock. Though in this scenario it usually beeps several times to alert you to the issue.

After a few times coming back to an unlocked car now I always listen for the confirmation beep so I know the car has locked.

I hope these may be of help, however if either of these is not the case then I would definitely get it checked by the dealer as you may have a problem with the sensors or a bad fob. This brings up another question does this happen with both fobs? May be worth swapping out your fob if you haven't tested that yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had experiences like this when the key fob is in the same pocket as my cell phone.
It may be some signal interference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had this issue the past few weeks. I don't have my cell phone in the same pocket as the key fob. Thought it might have something to do with wearing winter gloves. Although I've been wearing gloves since November or December.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had this issue the past few weeks. I don't have my cell phone in the same pocket as the key fob. Thought it might have something to do with wearing winter gloves. Although I've been wearing gloves since November or December.
I see, so it's the door handle's capacitive sensor having difficulty detecting your hand through the gloves?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts