Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
That review was Bogus. First, they state that the Corolla is less expensive than the Insight but if you look at the, Specifications, they screwed up and listed the Insight with the Corolla's Specs and the Corolla with the Insight's specs. Unreliable. wouldn't believe it.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Other than the table heading at bottom of page being flipped, the descriptions and evaluation reference each model's information correctly (e.g. Corolla Hybrid 1.8L versus Insight 1.5L gas engine). Just not the same assessment I would make between the two cars...

Registered
I don't know how they describe the Corolla as more refined as these are the features that are not even available on the Corolla.

Power adjustable seats
Heated seats
Leather seats
Rain sensing wipers
Navigation
Satellite radio
Android auto
Sunroof

Registered
I don't know how they describe the Corolla as more refined as these are the features that are not even available on the Corolla.

Power adjustable seats
Heated seats
Leather seats
Rain sensing wipers
Navigation
Satellite radio
Android auto
Sunroof
I imagine by more refined they are referring to the hybrid system. We had a Prius and I felt more confident in its long term reliability based on history.

Registered
The journalists may have associated refinement with the Insight's engine being louder at higher speeds.
In my opinion, I feel that at city speeds, the Insight's i-MMD setup seems more refined due to the engine being de-coupled from the wheels. Therefore engine start/stop vibrations can't be felt by driver.
But, I do have to admit that at 75+ mph, Toyota's hybrid setup does feels smoother while running on lower engine RPMs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts