Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This A or B thing is a bunch of nonsense. It was designed for those who know absolutely nothing about what their car may need. I’ve never mentioned either when going in (3 times so far). I just say, give me an oil and filter change and rotate my tires. They say we have a coupon for that and I’m like great! Simple as that. The dealer didn’t mention my car clearly said maintenance B either.

As far as the B service goes, it’s a way for the dealer to pad their coffers. Do you really think a tech is crawling all around your vehicle inspecting everything when there is a line of 30 cars behind yours?? The most these guys do is look for obvious leaks (which you would know by stains under the car or low fluid warnings), check the depth of your tire tread (which anyone with an eye can do for themselves), and perhaps check the width of the brake pad (easily done during the wheel rotation). Are these checks worth more money when all of these things are checked under the “free” multi inspection??? Most definitely NOT!

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.