Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not in my back seat very often, but noticed that the back of the driver's seat is not sewn on the bottom! (The passenger front seat is sewn). You can see two large zippers on the side but the bottom panel isn't sewn.

Should I call the dealer to have this fixed? A couple of fit and finishes (plastic pieces) "pop" out a bit, too...

I'd like to go to a nearby dealer, not the one I bought the car from (a long way away)... is that OK?

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
I'm not in my back seat very often, but noticed that the back of the driver's seat is not sewn on the bottom! (The passenger front seat is sewn). You can see two large zippers on the side but the bottom panel isn't sewn.

Should I call the dealer to have this fixed? A couple of fit and finishes (plastic pieces) "pop" out a bit, too...

I'd like to go to a nearby dealer, not the one I bought the car from (a long way away)... is that OK?
Could you post picture(s) to illustrate?

Do you have a Touring model with 8-way power adjustment on drivers side and 4-way power adjustment on passenger side? If so, maybe the controls are a reason for the difference between the sides?

OR if it turns out to be a true defect, you should be able to go to ANY dealer (not just the one you bought from) to have it looked at.

·
Registered
557 Posts

Yes I have this same issue with my touring as well. It can pop out with sustained movement (especially if you have a seat cover and a fat ass like me). Its not too hard to pop back in but it does show a bit of the lower cost aspects of the Honda over some more pricey alternatives. The fellas at best buy popped it back together, I'm sure Honda will do it for you if you want.

·
Super Moderator
3,320 Posts
Yes I have this same issue with my touring as well. It can pop out with sustained movement (especially if you have a seat cover and a fat ass like me). Its not too hard to pop back in but it does show a bit of the lower cost aspects of the Honda over some more pricey alternatives. The fellas at best buy popped it back together, I'm sure Honda will do it for you if you want.
I haven't seen this on my EX, so I revert to my question about whether this is Touring-speciifc due to the extra space and movement of the 8-way (drivers) and 4-way (passenger) power adjustment motor controls -?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I have attached a picture of the bottom of my Insight EX driver seat. Doesn't seem to look anything out of the ordinary and the passenger side looks the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen this on my EX, so I revert to my question about whether this is Touring-speciifc due to the extra space and movement of the 8-way (drivers) and 4-way (passenger) power adjustment motor controls -?

I don't know, but I doubt it. It looks unfinished -- and you can see the zippers on the inside on both sides... I'll try to remember to take a photo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does sound like this may have been an oversight on your specific model, but seeing pictures would definitely help to clarify the issue. And there is no reason why you couldn't visit a local dealer to have it addressed, especially if its found to be a flaw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts