Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** driver side mirror** As per title. Is there some setting to turn it on? 2019 touring.

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
There is no blind spot monitoring - on any Insight. Only Lanewatch for the passenger side on EX/Touring (sorry LXers).

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
The only sedan Honda currently offers with 'standard' blind spot monitoring is the Accord EX trim and higher. All other sedans (Insight, Clarity, Accord LX, Civic) have LaneWatch camera that only activates to display image when right turn signal is activated.

• Cars with LaneWatch have a camera mounted on the bottom section of the passenger-side side mirror only.
  • Cars with blind spot monitoring have tone-on-tone 'car icons' in the upper outer corner of both the driver and passenger side, which light up when the turn signal is activated left or right. The actual sensors for blind spot monitoring are located in the left and right rear quarter panels of the car. The placement of the sensors also enable 'rear cross traffic alert' when backing up.
LANEWATCH CAMERA - right side only feature

BLIND SPOT MONITORING - featured on both sides.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Blind spot monitoring will now be standard (replacing right-side only LaneWatch) on 2021 Insight EX and Touring trims. Gotta say I'm kinda excited for a possible OEM retrofit option for 2019/2020 Insights...
Probably possible but I'm wondering if getting the car to not show a blank screen when you hit the right turn signal after the mirror change will be a problem. Programming seems to be the biggest issue with Honda, and they aren't very customer friendly when it comes to sharing how to overcome these issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Blind spot monitoring will now be standard (replacing right-side only LaneWatch) on 2021 Insight EX and Touring trims. Gotta say I'm kinda excited for a possible OEM retrofit option for 2019/2020 Insights...
Probably possible but I'm wondering if getting the car to not show a blank screen when you hit the right turn signal after the mirror change will be a problem. Programming seems to be the biggest issue with Honda, and they aren't very customer friendly when it comes to sharing how to overcome these issues.
Currently, you can turn off the lane watch camera in the settings and the screen doesn't change at all. I turned mine off because it was constantly interfering with android auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts