Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of discovered this by default, I was about to engage the Brake Hold (which is awesome btw) but the dash notified me i couldn't. Pressed Brake Hold again, and same message. Found out that since my seat belt wasn't fastened, I couldn't engage Brake Hold. But what if I buckle up, press Brake Hold, and then unbuckle?? Never tried that...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I kind of discovered this by default, I was about to engage the Brake Hold (which is awesome btw) but the dash notified me i couldn't. Pressed Brake Hold again, and same message. Found out that since my seat belt wasn't fastened, I couldn't engage Brake Hold. But what if I buckle up, press Brake Hold, and then unbuckle?? Never tried that...
I've never owned a car that was so overly chiding as this one. I swear if I smoked the car would probably throw up a lung cancer warning.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
It's a little buried in the manual, but brake hold gets canceled (and parking brake auto-engages) if used for more than 10 minutes, driver's seat belt is unfastened, OR power system is turned off. So unbuckling even while Brake Hold is on will put the parking brake on instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,062 Posts
I have the parking brake set to automatically engage when I turn the car off. It will also disengage the parking brake once started, with the driver's seat-belt fastened and one presses the accelerator in R or D. If WILL NOT disengage automatically if you do not have your seat belt fastened. If will, however, yell at you to put your seat-belt on instead. The Insight is a prudish teetotaler, and I like it. If anything bad happens, I feel I would wind up less dead since my Insight cares so much about me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
It's a little buried in the manual, but brake hold gets canceled (and parking brake auto-engages) if used for more than 10 minutes, driver's seat belt is unfastened, OR power system is turned off. So unbuckling even while Brake Hold is on will put the parking brake on instead.
I learned this first hand when I had to use brake hold, take the seat belt off, and opened the door so I can stick my parking ticket into the gate at the parking lot. Put my foot on the gas pedal lightly but the car wouldn't move. Found out the car shifted into park by itself.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,062 Posts
I learned this first hand when I had to use brake hold, take the seat belt off, and opened the door so I can stick my parking ticket into the gate at the parking lot. Put my foot on the gas pedal lightly but the car wouldn't move. Found out the car shifted into park by itself.
Same thing happened to me when trying to get my car up on the ramps for an oil change!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts