Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else has this issue? I have inadvertently turned on my brights a few times when attempting to move the level to signal for a right hand turn. The lever seems to move back very easily when trying to move it up to signal for the turn...

·
Super Moderator
4,102 Posts
Curious if anyone else has this issue? I have inadvertently turned on my brights a few times when attempting to move the level to signal for a right hand turn. The lever seems to move back very easily when trying to move it up to signal for the turn...
Haven't run into this yet... Do you run the headlights in Auto mode, and could they be switching on their own based on lighting? Or do you think you're pulling the high beams on while signaling? It's a pretty specific/deep motion difference between turn and high beam, so if it's triggering for you with the turn signal motion, it might be worth having dealer check.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
I haven't experience this problem but I can't specifically tell you where I push up from on the stalk normally until I drive my car again. I want to say I do it somewhere in the middle and not where the headlight twist mechanism is located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't run into this yet... Do you run the headlights in Auto mode, and could they be switching on their own based on lighting? Or do you think you're pulling the high beams on while signaling? It's a pretty specific/deep motion difference between turn and high beam, so if it's triggering for you with the turn signal motion, it might be worth having dealer check.
Thanks. I might stop by the dealer to see if there is an issue with the lever. I don't think they're switching based on lighting. It's more like the lever moves back when I only want it to move up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't experience this problem but I can't specifically tell you where I push up from on the stalk normally until I drive my car again. I want to say I do it somewhere in the middle and not where the headlight twist mechanism is located.
I do tend to push up for the turn signal towards the end of the lever, which hasn't been a problem for me on other vehicles. I'll try doing it more from the middle tomorrow morning to see if that makes any difference. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
I do tend to push up for the turn signal towards the end of the lever, which hasn't been a problem for me on other vehicles. I'll try doing it more from the middle tomorrow morning to see if that makes any difference. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums by the way. My stalk will lock into place when I signal right by pushing up. It doesn't like pull towards me as if I was intending to do a quick high-beam flash. Could be a faulty stalk if it pulls towards you when you push up to signal right.

·
Super Moderator
4,102 Posts
I paid extra attention to my turn signal habits this morning, and found that like you, I push the turn signal toward the end of the lever (my finger is on top of the rotation knob for headlight selection rotator knob). It sounds like your turn signal stalk might be overly sensitive and worth having dealer check/fix. Even if you can adjust to using the middle of the stalk to signal without the brights, it doesn't sound like it's operating as it should and the unintended brights could become a safety/visibility hazard to other oncoming drivers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts