Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring Crystal Black Pearl / Mocha
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the battery heats up by itself as it is being charged/discharged. The vent in the rear middle seat sucks in air to cool the battery down. I have attached a diagram of the accord hybrid ipu. Honda has a R&D website where you can download technical papers about the hybrid system. https://www.hondarandd.jp/point.php?pid=1287&lang=en
Do we know where is the air outlet in our Insights? There is none under the rear seats. Is that through the rear windshield? Or is it vented outside?

·
Super Moderator
3,305 Posts
Do we know where is the air outlet in our Insights? There is none under the rear seats. Is that through the rear windshield? Or is it vented outside?
Are you asking about outlet vents for the battery (as others have re-answered and already posted separately in battery vent thread) or outlet vents for the cabin air (per your thread on EVAP issues)?

·
Super Moderator
3,305 Posts
This document from the 2015 Civic is the 'latest' I can find on the topic, but I have seen in older documents from older Honda's that cabin air exits thru rear window vents.

Air Exit Locations: "After circulating the air through the interior, the flow-through ventilation system exhausts it through vents near the rear window."

·
Registered
836 Posts
Battery air outlet, is top passenger front side of battery pack, it vents to atmosphere, not into our cars.

The Cabin air vents to atmosphere as well through the trunk in 99% of applications I've ever seen. There are vents (aperiodic membranes) will most likely be in the bottom/rear of the trunk sheetmetal, under carpets (behind the bumper from the outside).

If you've ever seen one of those dryer vents that's plastic with 3 little doors (keeps critters out) on the outside of a house, very similar to what auto manufacturers use, ours is generally a little better sealed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts