Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone.

I was curious, are you able to change the voice used for verbal warnings (when the passenger is not wearing a seat belt, etc). The voice used is female. Can this be changed to male? and if so, how?

Just curious..

Thanks.. Ken

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Haven't seen an option to change the speaking voice type for the verbal alerts the car provides for the Gen3 Insight.

But there are two option to change the display language that shows for the car:
  • Infotainment: Home --> Settings --> System --> Language --> (English / Spanish / French)
  • DII Display: Home --> Settings --> Vehicle --> Meter Setup --> (English / Spanish / French)
The DII display language option can also be accessed thru a similar path on the left push/scroll wheel on the steering wheel.

I read in other forums that a male voice option for navigation was available in models like the Pilot and Accord before version update in 2009, but the selection option was removed after that to make room for other/different data.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't seen an option to change the speaking voice type for the verbal alerts the car provides for the Gen3 Insight.

But there are two option to change the display language that shows for the car:
  • Infotainment: Home --> Settings --> System --> Language --> (English / Spanish / French)
  • DII Display: Home --> Settings --> Vehicle --> Meter Setup --> (English / Spanish / French)
The DII display language option can also be accessed thru a similar path on the left push/scroll wheel on the steering wheel.

I read in other forums that a male voice option for navigation was available in models like the Pilot and Accord before version update in 2009, but the selection option was removed after that to make room for other/different data.
Thanks... I was able to find how to change the language, was hoping there was an option to change the voice. Thanks for the help tho!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts