Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Like a good pair of jeans, our long-term 2019 Honda Insight has only gotten better with age.

Over the life of a long-termer, we may see the fuel-economy needle move 1 mpg between updates, but our Insight's economy jumped 8 percent since our last check-in, from an average of 38 mpg to 41 mpg. The Honda has ventured on more trips of late, but even the in-town, urban-driving tanks have improved. Bottom line, the overall trend is more efficiency, and we're at a bit of a loss for the reason.
Maybe this is normal because I experienced the same thing with my own Insight where fuel economy got better. During late Spring, I was getting 52mpg per tank consistently, but starting around August it jumped to 56mpg. I'm at 58mpg with my current tank. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping they'd provide update on the "lumpy" engine idle mentioned in their May 2019 update, since some us in forum have also experienced. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/153-2019-powertrain-technical-discussion/2332-engine-misfire.html

But it doesn't look like they had it checked at service interval as previously conveyed. Their October 2019 update only mentions that planned service has been easy.

From May 2019 - "One comment in the Insight's logbook noted that the engine's startup was uncharacteristically lumpy, so much so that passengers could feel the 1.5-liter chugging at idle. It smoothed out in a few miles yet has since been noticed on more than one occasion. While it's not so rough as to warrant a separate trip to the dealer, we'll be sure to ask the service techs to take a close look at the Insight's engine mounts when it goes in for its next scheduled service."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts