Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am driving a 2019 Nissan Sentra for a rental. Things I miss about my Insight after driving to work today.....

EVERYTHING - especially the driving aids and adaptive cruise control. I don't feel as safe in the Sentra - the doors sound like tin cans when you shut them, no LED headlights - automatic lock does not exist (keep forgetting to lock the doors), though it does have keyless entry. The stereo, while it has deeper bass - sounds tinny and the passenger door speaker sounds blown already. Noise levels are def higher on the road, and the ride quality is harsh.

Now I am grateful their insurance is paying for the car and I have one to drive while they fix mine, but couldn't I have had a Toyota at least? I asked the agent about a Honda - he told me that Honda will not sell to car rental places because they don't want to devalue their cars.

I am NOT saying the Sentra is a bad car, but definitely is NOT in the same class as the Insight. I've heard people complain about some of the quality issues with our cars, and I have complained as well - but no more. I can't wait to have it back..

There done with my whining.. lol..

Signed,

Spoiled Insight Owner

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guessing this repair is result from the rear-end incident you shared from dash cam in following video? - Crazy drivers in Florida
Yeah, the repair shop had limited hours and it took a bit for me to get the time off work to get it into the shop. The damage doesn't appear bad on the bumper, just a hole from the guys license plate holder screw, and if you look close you can see the paint is cracked.. Underneath though is a different story - the metal bumper is def smashed along with the absorber. He had a newer work van and his metal bumper was dented noticeably. The thing I am surprised the most by is the fact that it didn't break the reflector on the bumper.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this story gets even better. This morning before work, I had to take my daughter to her school - the teachers had gathered up all the things in their desks to give back to them and say goodbye. We all had to wait in our cars (of course) and while we were waiting, we had a couple of visitors (roaches) crawl out of the vent and glove box area.. My daughter FREAKED out.. I got the first one with some napkins I had to wipe the car down with.. The second one slithered back into the dashboard somewhere. We immediately went to Enterprise, my daughter was almost in tears freaking out.

They upgraded us for free to the Nissan Rogue fully loaded edition.. I am happy for this because it has all the driver aids that we are accustomed to, plus it had a Bose sound system in it.

The Rogue def lacked power in the engine compartment, but that stereo - holy cow it sounded good (and I hate Bose).. The cruise and the auto steering (or tracing I believe they call it) was OK. It didn't always want to engage, but when it did - it would work below 45 mph. I will tell you though that the auto steering is more aggressive at times, and doesn't get as confused as Honda Sensing does at times BUT - when it does get confused, it will aggressively try to steer you into another lane if you aren't paying attention. The cruise isn't very aggressive when accelerating from a stop, so you have to help it along or you will be sitting at 35mph when the Insight would be doing 55 (it's that much slower).

While this model had every bell and whistle in it, it still lacked the auto lock feature - and you still have to push a button on the door handle to lock/unlock the car and as I am writing this - I just remembered that I forgot to lock it..

One final note, this SUV is very nice and easy to drive - but it doesn't have the get up and go, handling, or some of the little touches that Honda put into the Insight. Even the EX model has features that the Rogue doesn't have.

I am STILL very happy with my Insight and will only miss a few things from the Rogue when my car is done - being up high, and the stereo (It was loud enough the bass caused my dashcam to register the bass as impacts from accidents).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and Verdier, the cruise does the same thing our Honda's do.. It will only sense cars moving ahead, and does seem to want to plow right into the back of someone sitting at a light lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something else I completely forgot to mention btw.. The infotainment completely rebooted while I was talking to my mother in law after driving for about an hour.. I had to grab the phone to talk to her and it took a little over a minute for it to come back on. Seems to be a common issue as cars get more tech in them.

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
I will tell you though that the auto steering is more aggressive at times, and doesn't get as confused as Honda Sensing does at times BUT - when it does get confused, it will aggressively try to steer you into another lane if you aren't paying attention.
This has to do with the steering wheel torque set by Honda where they had to balance functionality and safety against false line readings. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This has to do with the steering wheel torque set by Honda where they had to balance functionality and safety against false line readings. :)
When it glitches, the few times it did happen - the road was perfectly marked, there were no shadows and I was driving down a smooth highway. That's why it scared me. Before this - I thought the Honda's system was too weak, but now I believe it's just right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts