Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this has been out a while but CarBuzz recently updated (new publish date) their list of best hybrids for 2019.

In their opinion, the 2019 Insight ranks "middle of the pack" at #17 of 36 cars evaluated. Despite this average rating, it's noteworthy that this is includes comparison to luxury / high-end hybrids with $50k+ price tags.

Excluding the luxury brands, the ranking for mainstream "Best Hybrids" from this list are as follows, with the Insight in the top third.
It's a lower ranking than I like to see, but I believe CarBuzz ratings skew toward performance/power scores:
1 - Toyota Corolla Hybrid
2 - Honda Accord Hybrid
3 - Toyota Avalon Hybrid
4 - Honda Insight Hybrid
5 - Toyota Camry Hybrid
6 - Kia Optima Hybrid
7 - Honda Clarity
8 - Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
9 - Ford Fusion Hybrid
10 - Ford Fusion Energi
11 - Chevy Malibu Hybrid​

·
Registered
836 Posts
Perhaps this has been out a while but CarBuzz recently updated (new publish date) their list of best hybrids for 2019.

In their opinion, the 2019 Insight ranks "middle of the pack" at #17 of 36 cars evaluated. Despite this average rating, it's noteworthy that this is includes comparison to luxury / high-end hybrids with $50k+ price tags.

Excluding the luxury brands, the ranking for mainstream "Best Hybrids" from this list are as follows, with the Insight in the top third.
It's a lower ranking than I like to see, but I believe CarBuzz ratings skew toward performance/power scores:
1 - Toyota Corolla Hybrid
2 - Honda Accord Hybrid
3 - Toyota Avalon Hybrid
4 - Honda Insight Hybrid
5 - Toyota Camry Hybrid
6 - Kia Optima Hybrid
7 - Honda Clarity
8 - Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
9 - Ford Fusion Hybrid
10 - Ford Fusion Energi
11 - Chevy Malibu Hybrid​
I'm sorry, but I can not take this list seriously. You have the Chevy Malibu hybrid in the top 10, but not the Prius? Also the Corolla vs the Camry, I personally think the Camry is a better package. *EDIT* Just realized it was sedan, so the Prius didn't qualify as a hatchback*

Also the skew towards power doesn't seem to apply as the Camry has one of the highest hp's on this list and it's 5th.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A Corolla or Avalon above the Insight. I'm not sure what their ratings are based on. The Insight is head and shoulders above both!

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The scores by car are available by clicking within the article, and here's what CarBuzz shares as their scoring method/criteria: https://carbuzz.com/buzzscore

Summary of their scores for the top 10 mainstream hybrids is attached below:
- The Insight 'lost' to the Corolla, Accord, and Avalon in the scoring areas of Performance and Interior (including cargo).
- The Insight was equal to or better than those cars in all other areas (Exterior, Fuel Economy, Features, Reliability, Safety, Value).

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
The scores by car are available by clicking within the article, and here's what CarBuzz shares as their scoring method/criteria: https://carbuzz.com/buzzscore

Summary of their scores for the top 10 mainstream hybrids is attached below:
- The Insight 'lost' to the Corolla, Accord, and Avalon in the scoring areas of Performance and Interior (including cargo).
- The Insight was equal to or better than those cars in all other areas (Exterior, Fuel Economy, Features, Reliability, Safety, Value).
I guess I'm just miffed by the fact that they didn't use decimals in their scoring, so a 5= below average, something is seriously wrong with this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts