Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,287 Posts
I did it yesterday. Everything worked as usual - no issues.

I hadn't been in CarPlay settings recently, but I found that Zoom is now an option. I didn't know they were integrated in CarPlay!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
I'm waiting for the next one before I update. Doing the same for my Pixel on Android with 11 just out.

·
Administrator
4,260 Posts
I'm waiting for the next one before I update. Doing the same for my Pixel on Android with 11 just out.
Any particular reason for putting it off? Does it relate to the reports @matttelz mentioned re: Honda issues with IOS14? The reddit source article referenced in the link mentioned issues with 2019 HR-V and 2017-2018 Accord so far.

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
Any particular reason for putting it off? Does it relate to the reports @matttelz mentioned re: Honda issues with IOS14? The reddit source article referenced in the link mentioned issues with 2019 HR-V and 2017-2018 Accord so far.
That and this on the Android side. Android Auto is glitchy in Android 11 Also nothing really interest me in the updates that I want this year so no need to rush.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Didn't think about it...had updated yesterday and plugged in this morning. Noticed it was clearing cache of music (via Bluetooth) since I wiped to make room for the update without connecting to the computer. Connected by wire later and noticed the new colored background and that Carplay default mapped/predicted my next destination. (I hadn't put a destination in onboard nav and I'm not sure if the CarPlay destination got cleared when I did).

ADDED NOTE: learned that this default mapping is due to my turning Significant Locations on recently on the phone. May just turn it off since I don't use CarPlay nav much.

Do have to say - noticing less often infotainment restarts, though whether related to Carplay or not unsure. Still happens...but the interruption thankfully is brief.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing about iOS14 is that iPhone Car keys won't be supported by our Honda Insights since they don't have NFC support. (I know this was discussed separately in another thread, but figured to bring this up in the context of the iOS14 update.

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
Connected by wire later and noticed the new colored background...
Somebody told me the new CarPlay wallpapers look like butts and now I can't unsee it. 🥴

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks andrew28, in addition to making me look :) , I have also made a note to take a look at CarPlay settings to see what I can change from default.

Reactions: andrew28

·
Registered
36 Posts
updated to ios14 and no problems here. Siri seems less intelligent then before but that’s not saying much. I’ll have to check out the wallpaper/butt images again and may need to change that. It’ll prolly be one of those things I cant unsee

·
Registered
116 Posts
Took a look at settings (but didn't take a snapshot) - wasn't much there. There's an appearance preference (Dark vs. Auto). Switched it from Dark to Auto - will see what the difference is.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can also choose plain white or black background instead of multi-colored.

·
Super Moderator
2,758 Posts
iOS 14.0.1 dropped today.
  • Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPhone
  • Addresses an issue that could prevent camera previews from displaying on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
  • Fixes an issue that could prevent your iPhone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
  • Resolves an issue that could prevent sending email with some mail providers
  • Addresses an issue that could prevent images from appearing in the News widget

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey matttelz,

Have just updated to iOS 14 on my iPhone XR but didn't find any issue. I suggest to be certain your car is listed here: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models

After confirming your car is listed here, ensure that you're also running the latest version of iOS, iOS 14.0.1. If you're not, you can backup and update your device and test further.
  • Be sure to remove any accessories attached to your device to ensure they're not interfering.
  • Ensure that CarPlay isn't restricted under Settings > General > CarPlay.
  • Forget the stereo from Settings > General > CarPlay > [stereo name].
  • Forget the iPhone from the settings (stereo user guide for instructions).
  • Rename the iPhone in Settings > General > About > Name.
  • Reset network settings on the iPhone. (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
Note that resetting your network settings will remove a variety of settings and stored information regarding cellular networks, Wi-Fi networks, and more:

If the issue persists after completing the steps above, you can refer this manual or get support from Apple website:

Take care!

Clem

·
Administrator
4,260 Posts
Have just updated to iOS 14 on my iPhone XR but didn't find any issue. I suggest to be certain your car is listed here: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models
The 2019-2020 Honda Insight are listed. The 2021 isn't listed yet, but has the same system as the 2019-2020, so likely just an info/update delay (?). Assuming this is true, all Gen3 Insights should be in scope.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts