Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
4,510 Posts
In addition, the entire entertainment/information system froze up yesterday. Re-connecting the iPhone fixed it. I have never seen that happen before.

Next up? Try the wife's Android phone, a Moto G4.
Were you able to test/try her Android phone before the head unit swap as suggested, for comparison to post-installation?

Also, it 'should' be a given since dealer installed it, but does your head unit show it's using the latest software version (18AE-2071-001) versus the original one (18AE-1945-001)? HOME --> System Updates --> Settings --> Version Status

·
Registered
16 Posts
Were you able to test/try her Android phone before the head unit swap as suggested, for comparison to post-installation?

Also, it 'should' be a given since dealer installed it, but does your head unit show it's using the latest software version (18AE-2071-001) versus the original one (18AE-1945-001)? HOME --> System Updates --> Settings --> Version Status
I have not tested her phone lately, but when we have used there were no issues. The software is the 2071 version.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,807 Posts
Update after 5 days. I was really hopeful based on short drives that the Honda parts replacement fixed the problems. Yesterday we were in the car for 3 hours and unfortunately the problems with spontaneous entertainment head reboots and music audio disconnects are not resolved. Here is what we have tried:

Replaced the USB cable with Apple OEM
Replaced the entertainment system audio system
Deleted and re-paired the iPhone
Connected the iPhone only after the Honda system has booted up

In addition, the entire entertainment/information system froze up yesterday. Re-connecting the iPhone fixed it. I have never seen that happen before.

Next up? Try the wife's Android phone, a Moto G4.
In the past, a vpn app of mine would crash Carplay whenever it had to re-establish a vpn connection. It could be a particular app you have running in the background. The developer had to issue an app update to fix the bug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the past, a vpn app of mine would crash Carplay whenever it had to re-establish a vpn connection. It could be a particular app you have running in the background. The developer had to issue an app update to fix the bug.
That would not explain the wife’s Android connected and another Entertainment system freeze. That’s right. I did try her phone and got the same symptoms.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That would not explain the wife’s Android connected and another Entertainment system freeze. That’s right. I did try her phone and got the same symptoms.
Have you tried hard resetting to factory settings?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: Over the last few days the Car Play/Entertainment System has started to malfunction on even short trips. Here are the issues:

1. Head unit video freezes, phone disconnects, phone will not reconnect. Factory data reset from settings menu restores phone connection.
2. Car Play/Android Play Pandora/Spotify music stops. Unplugging/re-plugging phone USB cable restores music. GPS voice directions still work.
3. Entertainment screen goes blank, sound works normally. Pressing Home button and Smartphone softkey restores video.
4. Entire system spontaneously reboots. After reboot it functions normally until one of the issues above. This happens randomly but most often within 5 minutes of startup.

All other head unit system features (FM radio, trip computer, Garmin navigation, settings, power flow, etc.) work normally, no issues.

The issues also apply to Android Auto Play.

Needless to say the car is going back to the shop.

·
Administrator
4,510 Posts
Update: Over the last few days the Car Play/Entertainment System has started to malfunction on even short trips. Here are the issues:
Crummy development, but thanks for sharing update. The original theory was this related to upgrading to iOS14, but with Android Auto being affected, it sounds like you're focused on whole head-unit troubleshooting, more like other issues captured in Infotainment Issues - crash / restart / blank thread (?).

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve noticed that my Google Maps app will randomly stop updating during my drive for the past few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this since updating?

I’ll be driving and Google Maps will say to turn left in half a mile, but as I drive, the map will stay static and still read turn left in half a mile with my marker staying in the same place, even after I drive the half mile.

Never had this problem before.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,807 Posts
I’ve noticed that my Google Maps app will randomly stop updating during my drive for the past few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this since updating?

I’ll be driving and Google Maps will say to turn left in half a mile, but as I drive, the map will stay static and still read turn left in half a mile with my marker staying in the same place, even after I drive the half mile.

Never had this problem before.
I've seen this before with waze but not google maps. Deleting and reinstalling the app fixes it for me.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts