Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This CarBuzz article on "Cars Honda Would Like You to Forget" was amusing... in part because I considered buying a few of these on the list, but passed. - https://carbuzz.com/features/cars-honda-would-like-you-to-forget

Rounding out the top 8:
- Accord Crosstour
- FR-V (Europe)
- CR-Z
- Prelude
- Civic Del Sol
- Concerto (UK)
- Gen1 Odyssey
- Gen2 Insight

Hope the Gen3 Insight makes the future list of cars Honda wants you to remember!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I liked the cross tour. It needed a stiffer rear end and little more power. The element should be on the list even though I liked it as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I liked the cross tour. It needed a stiffer rear end and little more power. The element should be on the list even though I liked it as well.
Agreed, the Element was the worst car I ever owned. Functionality wise, it was quirky and cool for loading up equipment for the DJ'ing gigs I had. But completely uninspiring to drive, terrible in any inclement weather, and guzzled gas like nobodies business.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Interesting, Wifey. I agree the Element doesn't have much pizzazz in driving, but I've gotten up to 30 mpg with my 2010 with auto (4 wheel drive. . .)
And loaded at that--I've gotten that mileage while on camping trips to CA from Denver, and had lots of gear in it.

I kind of thought the earlier Prelude was a neat looking car, and had friends that owned the del Sol and loved it. I still see one occasionally around this neck of the woods.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
The Del Sol took a hit due to limited production numbers which resulted in higher insurance premiums due to limited spare parts. I always thought this was unfair. Other than that, was it that bad of a car?

I don't understand why the Prelude would be on the list. Granted, it's not a practical car, but it looked cool. What was the drawback?

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't understand why the Prelude would be on the list. Granted, it's not a practical car, but it looked cool. What was the drawback?
It's a quirky reason... the 2nd and 3rd Gen Prelude had a lever to recline the passenger seat on the driver's side (vs passenger exterior side), which garnered the reputation as the "pervert lever" and "date car" in Japan.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/n98r78nsvnk2aqinfuj6.mp4

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
The 2000 Prelude Type-SH was actually my first pick before I got the 2000 civic si..

It was just beyond budget.

Gen 2 Insight definitely needs to be on there. Every time I see one on the road here in So Cal I kinda cringe.. interestingly enough, I see more gen 2 than gen 3s here..

My fav Honda of all time is toss-up between Acura Integra Type-R, S2000, or current gen and older gen NSX.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Interesting, Wifey. I agree the Element doesn't have much pizzazz in driving, but I've gotten up to 30 mpg with my 2010 with auto (4 wheel drive. . .)
And loaded at that--I've gotten that mileage while on camping trips to CA from Denver, and had lots of gear in it.

I kind of thought the earlier Prelude was a neat looking car, and had friends that owned the del Sol and loved it. I still see one occasionally around this neck of the woods.
I had a 2005 Element, 2wd, 2.4l. I think they definitely made some gearing improvements, on it's best day I'd be lucky to see a 24mpg tank average. Granted I never owned it for it's fuel mileage, but at the time I was commuting ~60 miles a day and the small tank didn't help it feel fuel efficient.

There are a few Del Sol's still in the area here too, quirky little cars, but I'm sure they are actually fun to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts