Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts
View attachment 7534

Carvana offering 33k and Vroom offering 32k. Mine was 30k out-the-door including all taxes and fees. Is it worth the hassle of selling this one for a 3k profit then ordering another one at a local Honda dealership?
It's cause they're gonna flip it for $38k+. :sneaky:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
11 Posts
We shopped the Atlanta area for our Insight and it was extremely hard to find one that wasn’t already taken or that had a $7k markup. We was lucky to find a dealer that had someone cancel their order and sold at MSRP.

Sure right now you can sell and get profit but aren’t you going to lose that profit when you get a replacement vehicle in today’s market?

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
125 Posts
We shopped the Atlanta area for our Insight and it was extremely hard to find one that wasn’t already taken or that had a $7k markup. We was lucky to find a dealer that had someone cancel their order and sold at MSRP.

Sure right now you can sell and get profit but aren’t you going to lose that profit when you get a replacement vehicle in today’s market?
The thing about inflation is that it tends to be downward sticky (i.e., prices that go up rarely come down). The key is being able to find sellers willing to take MSRP. We're in an unusual period, one I've never experienced in my 70-odd years, where large premiums are going to dealers on new vehicles. I expect this to be a short-lived phenomenon, no more than another year at the worst, shorter if the EU pulls the US into recession.

It seems to me the solution to run the gap may be to take a two year lease on a replacement, and then move into a purchase at the end of the lease, at which point I would expect inflation to pretty much have abated and supply should be back to normal. But I'd absolutely find the replacement, pricing, and lease rate before pulling the trigger on selling your Insight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts