Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at how to rig cell mounting/charging. The USB port is directly above the cell phone "pad" to the right of the trans buttons. Nice place for a cell phone but awkward if you have a 3-6 ft USB cable.

Anyone found a slick setup for this? I'm thinking maybe a wireless charger pad (for a Samsung S8+) but there would still be the issue of trying to route a few feet of cable into about 3 inches...

I was also thinking about a phone mount but I think most of the functions on the display will eliminate the need for actually touching the phone while driving...

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
I have the USB cord going backwards into the console in front of the cup holder where the extra slack stays. What I need from there comes back up and into the phone which sits in the normal place.

My wife's 2018 Civic has a USB port in the bottom of the console. That would have been a great place in the Insight as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They make coiled Lightning cables, short Lightning cables, and even retractable Lightning cables. They must have them for micro-USB and USB-C by now.

Definitely use the Display Audio to control your phone! CarPlay and Android Auto are very nice and still being regularly developed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i ended up purchasing a shorter charging cable like this one https://www.amazon.com/BEST4ONE-USB3-0-Braided-Charger-Samsung/dp/B07CBW12Z6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1548800498&sr=8-3&keywords=1+foot+usb-c+cable

Looking at how to rig cell mounting/charging. The USB port is directly above the cell phone "pad" to the right of the trans buttons. Nice place for a cell phone but awkward if you have a 3-6 ft USB cable.

Anyone found a slick setup for this? I'm thinking maybe a wireless charger pad (for a Samsung S8+) but there would still be the issue of trying to route a few feet of cable into about 3 inches...

I was also thinking about a phone mount but I think most of the functions on the display will eliminate the need for actually touching the phone while driving...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts