Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was watching TikTok and and Honda Accord owner changed his info system to play a video of Jarvis starting up from Iron Man. Got me thinking about what can we do with our info system as far as customization. Can we change the background image of it? can we add video at the beginning when the car turns on? All the YouTube video's I've seen use this hack from a website that costs money, and that website doesn't have the Insight listed on it....so got me curious if any of you know any cool hacks for the info system.

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
So was watching TikTok and and Honda Accord owner changed his info system to play a video of Jarvis starting up from Iron Man. Got me thinking about what can we do with our info system as far as customization. Can we change the background image of it? can we add video at the beginning when the car turns on? All the YouTube video's I've seen use this hack from a website that costs money, and that website doesn't have the Insight listed on it....so got me curious if any of you know any cool hacks for the info system.
The 'easiest' one to tackle is background image (wallpaper / clock face), which has standard options available. You can also create custom wallpapers, though there are some size/format limits to note.

The GenX Accord and Gen3 Insight run on the most similar/related systems for the head unit, so if you find something 'free' that works for the Accord, there's high chance it will also work on the Insight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts