Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this clearing instruction has been asked/shared before posting to a thread for quick/future reference. To clear just the Maintenance Minder's A/B alert notices so the car knows that particular maintenance step has been completed, description from OM19 pg 561 is below. You can use the left selector/scroll button on the steering wheel to select whether to clear individual maintenance items, or all items that are due.

There's a prior thread that mentions "accidental" (wholesale system) reset of Maintenance Minder via Factory Data Reset... but technically, the Maintenance Minder is designed to be a "running log" of the car's life/status and what's needed next.

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In skimming the manual was also reminded that maintenance line items can also be cleared via the infotainment screen (OM19, pg 371): Settings --> Vehicle --> Maintenance Info --> Select Reset Items

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question. If I accidentally reset multiple times in the same session, (due to me accidentally resetting once and then attempting to reset it back and then attempting again lol) will this mess up the accuracy of what I need to get done for my next service? I currently have A 1 2 and 7*

I am surprised I have a 7 due which is brake fluid and I'm just at 30k as of this week. A little bit too early I feel like.... Is the on board computer accurate with this reading due to my driving style and enviornment? Or is it because I did multiple resets last time.

Thanks in advance for anyone's wisdom :)

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question. If I accidentally reset multiple times in the same session, (due to me accidentally resetting once and then attempting to reset it back and then attempting again lol) will this mess up the accuracy of what I need to get done for my next service? I currently have A 1 2 and 7*

I am surprised I have a 7 due which is brake fluid and I'm just at 30k as of this week. A little bit too early I feel like.... Is the on board computer accurate with this reading due to my driving style and enviornment? Or is it because I did multiple resets last time.
Hmm... not sure of the 'definitive' answer on this, as I haven't lived thru multiple resets... but in theory (?), I'd think the reset would only clear maintenance items that are listed as due for service. The first reset would have cleared that list (i.e. interprets the reset as having completed those items). The second and third back-to-back reset wouldn't have any items listed as due for service, and I don't think that would have done anything.

Did you reset "All Due Items" thru the scroll wheel on the left side of steering wheel? Or did you just certain/specific selected items?

At 30k miles, you technically have ~3 years of "service use" and/or run time on the car (i.e. Honda assumes 12k miles of driving per normal year). Honda advises the brake fluid should be changed every 3 years (OM19 pg 559) and/or presumably 36k miles(?) so this might explain why you're getting sub-code 7 for this at 30k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm... not sure of the 'definitive' answer on this, as I haven't lived thru multiple resets... but in theory (?), I'd think the reset would only clear maintenance items that are listed as due for service. The first reset would have cleared that list (i.e. interprets the reset as having completed those items). The second and third back-to-back reset wouldn't have any items listed as due for service, and I don't think that would have done anything.

Did you reset "All Due Items" thru the scroll wheel on the left side of steering wheel? Or did you just certain/specific selected items?

At 30k miles, you technically have ~3 years of "service use" and/or run time on the car (i.e. Honda assumes 12k miles of driving per normal year). Honda advises the brake fluid should be changed every 3 years (OM19 pg 559) and/or presumably 36k miles(?) so this might explain why you're getting sub-code 7 for this at 30k miles.
View attachment 6223
Im not too sure but I believe I cleared all.

Yes, I agree with your reasoning. Feels a bit weird as other owners on reddit has pasted 45k+ and never hit this minder yet

·
Administrator
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Feels a bit weird as other owners on reddit has pasted 45k+ and never hit this minder yet
Relative driving style may be a difference (?) - e.g. 45k accumulated at highway speeds = low/no braking. Without Honda fully explaining the Maintenance Minder it's hard to tell exactly what is being calculated on each car; but my inclination is to trust it as it's specific to my car/driving.

There are a few owners with higher mileage that could provide perspective on maintenance as well - @onthefly1050 in particular is one of the highest mileage drivers in our forum (124k miles on a 2019 model as of Nov 2020).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts