Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I have 2019 ex imported from America, bought it 9k miles and it's now around 15k.
After I drove it for like 1k miles I started notice a clunck coming from the back, I jack it up and check all the busshings, springs, sway bar links also I tightened all the bolts and nuts, everything was normal, test it again but it still happening, I dropped the rear shocks to check the mounts and tighten it, every thing seems normal and nothing changed after that. I also swipe the left to the right nothing changed 馃槥.
Again I dropped the shocks again and test it by pushing it to the max and let it extend many times, both was the same strength and goes up together but I felt that they are not hard to push down (easy to compress) and then after I did that may times I noticed like empty 10cm (a 10cm without resistance ) this happens after pushing the shock many times.
I also notice the same clunck from front right but this is expected since it鈥檚 were the car took the hit.
Any idea about what I got!? Should I change the rear shocks?

Administrator
Do you have any video of the issue, or have you tried to pinpoint location by driving with the rear seats folded down? Does it happen under all conditions, or just certain times (e.g. accelerating, stopping, ICE on, turning, straight, etc)?

Unexplained / concerning noises are frequent complaints but hard to pin down. Some other mentions that may offer leads, including "clunk" in front area:
- (Unresolved) Clunk noise near driver's wheel under strong...
- (Unresolved) Squeaking sound coming from the trunk area
- (Electro Servo Noise) Knocking under driver floorboard
- (Brake Caliper) Brakes squeak and steering wheel noises

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any video of the issue, or have you tried to pinpoint location by driving with the rear seats folded down? Does it happen under all conditions, or just certain times (e.g. accelerating, stopping, ICE on, turning, straight, etc)?

Unexplained / concerning noises are frequent complaints but hard to pin down. Some other mentions that may offer leads, including "clunk" in front area:
Thank you for your response
Yes it happens in all conditions and yes I tried to driver with seats down that's why I鈥檓 sure it's mostly coming from the rear suspensions because it's happen always on speed bumps and bad road on low speed, nothing discovered on high speed.
As thank you I already read all articles none of them related to what i鈥檓 talking about.

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
I've my caliper pin bushing replaced when I had a clunking noise going over speed bumps/dips/potholes in the rear.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've my caliper pin bushing replaced when I had a clunking noise going over speed bumps/dips/potholes in the rear.
Yes, I thought of that one day and I checked the calipers loose, there was no loose at all, I put a 鈥廏rass inside the caliper pushing also to remove any tiny loose.
The clunck is hard and it is like something connected direct to the body.
I鈥檒l try to make a video of it.
I hope that you make the video longer (video of the tech inspecting your car from trunk) so i can hear the clunck 馃槀

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
I hope that you make the video longer (video of the tech inspecting your car from trunk) so i can hear the clunck 馃槀
My post was from more than a year ago. I'm not sure if I still have the rest of the dashcam footage saved somewhere. My clunk is more of a rattle that sounds similar to driving over a loose manhole cover.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My post was from more than a year ago. I'm not sure if I still have the rest of the dashcam footage saved somewhere. My clunk is more of a rattle that sounds similar to driving over a loose manhole cover.
Yes Andre, exactly
I hear the same sound, what was the milage of your car?

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
Yes Andre, exactly
I hear the same sound, what was the milage of your car?
I made that post 1/10/2020 so it should've been around 5-6,000 miles. I'm currently at around 12,100 miles and no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts