Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to eliminate the ugly panel gaps on my white insight.... I find the gaps to be very large and intrusive to the overall look of the vehicle... I also hope the functionality of the insulation is to eliminate some wind noise of the vehicle...

I did the easiest which is already covered by a black rubber seal...
Before:

After:

Walmart has silicone outdoor insulation that is white. Its slightly off white and matches my paint perfectly for a rubberized compound. It's silicone too so it'll stay flexible in the winter and also is a great material for resisting UV yellowing and road salts/oils...

I'm hoping to eventually do the whole car...

Let me know what you think...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that door edge guard above the wheel is more distracting to me. :p I will probably place additional rubber seals around the doors to reduce wind noise. The other gap areas don't bother me as much.
Yea I took those all off after the picture.... they're ugly as butt on the car...

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Will be interested in seeing how it holds up and if it achieves your goals. I always have long-term concerns about 'yellowing' when using white materials. Any reads so far on noise reduction, or MPG help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts