Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,355 Posts
Also interesting, this aftermarket part site offers 8 different sizes of light-up emblems due to size variation from front/rear and country. - Crystal LED Badge Logo Emblem Light Lamp
I had a BAD experience with one of those aftermarket LED rear badges. Mine shorted internally and resulted in the car freaking out with tons of error messages (brakes, cruise control, etc). I disconnected it and all is again well. Your mileage may vary. I was good until my Insight got rained on a few times.

https://www.gen3insight.com/threads/lighted-rear-emblem-upgrade.3476/#post-25316

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,806 Posts
The Japan Honda site offers OEM black chrome "H" and "Insight" emblems for sale, and are probably available in the JDM market. It looks kind of cool, and it's cool that they're OEM. - Honda|Honda Access|インサイト|エクステリア|ブラックエンブレム

08F20-TXM-100 - Includes front and rear H marks and Insight emblem.
The black H and Insight emblem are now available in the US.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@blackheart Should've gone with a blue H instead of red since it's a hybrid.
Before I even seriously thought about buying my first Honda a co worker told me about the Honda Insight so I googled it and came across this awesome car...that turned out not to be real :LOL::

I made it my goal to re-create this render tho, and I would like to think I am getting close. Next monday the front grille parts that are chrome will be wrapped black. Also working on deleting the front part of my grille and adding the type r style mesh grille. Will have a type R wing eventually mounted as well. Still undecided on adding the NSX wheels, mainly due to cost lol. As it stands:

I dont plan on putting any Type R badging on it though since its not a real one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
So I’m thinking about buying 2 of the 21 Accord Hybrid blueish “H” emblems and putting them on my Insight.. I just have to make sure they fit first, especially the front.

what is weird is that I called 2 dealers and one quoted me $3x.xx and another $12x.xx.

huge difference and I’m wondering if the cheaper one was an error from the parts dept.

anybody else thinking about doing this?

here is a pic I got my from Autotrader.. not the best pic but best I could find.

·
Registered
2020 Insight Touring, Crimson Pearl #10051
28 Posts
I'm thinking about dropping $75 on this though... :surprise:

So... I got these Raymax wheel caps for Christmas for my 2020 Touring. And they do not fit. Did you get them working?
There is a thing sticking out from the axle that prevents them from fitting (the light-up wheel caps are almost an inch thick)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,806 Posts
So... I got these Raymax wheel caps for Christmas for my 2020 Touring. And they do not fit. Did you get them working?
There is a thing sticking out from the axle that prevents them from fitting (the light-up wheel caps are almost an inch thick)
View attachment 6266
I didn't buy them because I couldn't get a response from the store if they fit.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Raymax doesn't come off as all that dependable to deal with. They also seem to selectively answer questions in their e-mail based on whether they find it of interest to them or not. While I did get what I ordered form them and the product did work, I never got an answer to a follow up question I sent asking how water proof the symbols might be.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts