Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size is the donut spare tire that will fit the trunk well of a 2019 insight? Does the one from a Civic fit, what year(s)? Thanks.
Jason007

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,457 Posts
Hi Jason. Welcome.

Please review the following thread for your answer! For a short answer, a 2016-2018 Civic spare fits perfectly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Hasarad,
Thanks for your reply. I don't worry about a flat tire yet, but I need a spare to do a tire rotation because I don't have two jacks. I guess now I can look into eBay and see if I can get one.
Jason007

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
If you're looking for direct match to the OEM 2016-2018 Civic spare (which fits perfectly into the Insight's tire storage space since same body dimensions as Civic), the tire dimensions are T125/80D16 97M.

Even after adding the OEM "foam tool holder" for either the GenX Civic (part #84545-TBA-A10 - round shape) or the Gen3 Insight (part #84541-TXM-A10 - horseshoe shaped) fits perfectly within the space atop the compact spare, keeping the floorboard flush. Pictures of the fit of each of these can be found in this post within the thread @hasarard referenced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts