Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22 insight that I bought last year and I now have 43k miles on it. I looked up the value on it and I'm tempted to sell. I work full time as a Grubhub and Ubereats driver. In a few months I will be a qualified home inspector. I don't even know if my insight will hold the things I need for home inspection, but I'm thinking I can make it work. I also just bought new tires.

Convince me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,804 Posts
If space for the home inspection deal is the issue, wait until you verify it's really a problem. Now is not the time to be out car shopping.

New tires for a one-year-old car? How much to you drive?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a 22 insight that I bought last year and I now have 43k miles on it. I looked up the value on it and I'm tempted to sell. I work full time as a Grubhub and Ubereats driver. In a few months I will be a qualified home inspector. I don't even know if my insight will hold the things I need for home inspection, but I'm thinking I can make it work. I also just bought new tires.

Convince me.
Like others have said, I’d wait to see if the home inspection gig works out as you hope and that the Insight won’t work for the job before jumping in. With home sales flat lining due to sky high interest rates, I don’t imagine it will be as easy to get home inspection gigs currently, unless your area just really lacks them. Plus, the new car market is still all messed up with lack of supply, so you will pay sticker or more, plus higher interest rates. It’s just an all around bad time to buy a car. Now, if the gig works well and the Insight is too cramped for the job, try to find a small SUV or I’d personally suggest a Maverick Hybrid.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The reason used cars sell for so much is because buying a new or used car is just as rough. It's not some great miracle that your car is worth so much; you'll pay that same amount on the buying side.

In terms of what you need for a home inspection gig, you'll be a home inspector. Everything you need should fit within 1-2 tool boxes, no? You're not fixing things, just inspecting. There should be plenty of room. Also, the driving from site to site is better with a hybrid getting 50 mpg than a truck getting 15 mpg.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd order a 2023 Ford Maverick and sell the Insight to Carvana once the truck arrives. I've talked to a couple Maverick hybrid owners and they seemed quite pleased with them. Both were getting 45-55 mpg around town.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Convince me.
Why in the world would anyone want to convince you to keep it. Do as you wish, buy what you want. Me convincing you to do anything is dumb. Just my opinion. With that said, they're worth a lot of money, so if you're considering the financial aspect, nows the time to sell it and get a great amount for it. Wait too long, and that might not be.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Keep the Insight , even if you can lease or pay for a new vehicle , if the new job , hatches ,
and you need more room , then look around ,,, Ordering a 23 Ford Maverick ,, Long detail plus 1. Dealer Markups some as High as $5000 over MSRP ,,, maybe the 23s will not have the construction issues some of the 22s had ,,, I , rubber neck, a Maverick forum
.... Price of gas what it is .. ouch ,,, and going up .. Honda will have a CIVIC Hatch Back Hybrid coming 23 or 24

1 - 12 of 12 Posts