Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to refill my washer fluid when I noticed that my coolant level was about an inch or two below the min line. I have about 1,400 miles on the car and I know wonder if it was like this from the factory or if there is something wrong. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll top it off and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Have you noticed any leaks? If not, maybe it's 'just' your radiator cap that was loose and allowed evaporation (?). Least likely is that your coolant is getting burned and/or going into your oil. Also if it helps, with this being a hybrid, your engine wasn't running for the full 1400 miles driven so far...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you noticed any leaks? If not, maybe it's 'just' your radiator cap that was loose and allowed evaporation (?). Least likely is that your coolant is getting burned and/or going into your oil. Also if it helps, with this being a hybrid, your engine wasn't running for the full 1400 miles driven so far...
No, I haven’t noticed leaks. I park in a garage at home and the same parking spot at work every time and I haven’t seen anything. Will update after I visit the dealer.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dealership says everything checks out ok, not sure why it was low but I’ll keep an eye on it.
It could have been a bubble in a coolant line when the car was originally filled, unlikely because I'm sure they fill it with a pre-measured amount but not impossible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts