Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torque Lite reported the coolant temperature only one time out of the five times I tried. Looks like the engine warming up target temperature is 130F.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Torque Lite reported the coolant temperature only one time out of the five times I tried. Looks like the engine warming up target temperature is 130F.
Does this mean the coolant temperature was too much below 130F to register? As in, below mid-point level on an old-school temperature gauge?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean the coolant temperature was too much below 130F to register? As in, below mid-point level on an old-school temperature gauge?
View attachment 5284
The one time it worked it gave me the temperature right away (63F) with the engine off. Also there is a green dot that tells you if data is live it not :/

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Car Scanner" app is giving me the coolant temperature :/ On a small suburban trip, looks like the engine maxed out at 170°F. Took actually a while to reach.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Confirmed: Engine stops warming up at 130°F. Thermostat opens somewhere between 170 and 180°F. Suburban trips are mostly around 170. Highway mostly around 175-180, with peaks at 185 under strong accelerations.

It actually take a little while to go from 130 to 170 with weather in the 80s. I can't imagine during the winter, no wonder mpg is terrible then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts