Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the front grill Honda Insight accessory/upgrade? Do you have a before and after photo?

I took off the front license plate bracket and it left holes. This would be an easy solution to fix the unsightly screw holes.
I was thinking the same thing, or filling. Found a quick, cost-saving solution was using black plastic caps to fill the holes. Friendly neighborhood auto body guy had a drawer full and shared a few with me. Been over a year and the most the look like up close are parking sensors.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, or filling. Found a quick, cost-saving solution was using black plastic caps to fill the holes. Friendly neighborhood auto body guy had a drawer full and shared a few with me. Been over a year and the most the look like up close are parking sensors.
Those look good! Do you have more information on what those are exactly?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look good! Do you have more information on what those are exactly?
They may have been push in retainer clips. I just did a quick search for those and plastic/nylon friction rivets which yielded a bunch of different products of different sizes that look very similar to what they used. The ones they used had a nice flat, disk head which match the black billet screw covers on my back plate whic are a little higher profile, but look finished. You could use those as well. I get them on amazon or auto part stores.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They may have been push in retainer clips. I just did a quick search for those and plastic/nylon friction rivets which yielded a bunch of different products of different sizes that look very similar to what they used. The ones they used had a nice flat, disk head which match the black billet screw covers on my back plate whic are a little higher profile, but look finished. You could use those as well. I get them on amazon or auto part stores.
Kind of like these

https://www.amazon.com/Yesland-License-Plate-Screws-Fastener/dp/B082F96WY7

https://www.amazon.com/moveland-Fender-Rivets-Fasteners-Kawasaki/dp/B07K8JW8QV/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=Plastic+push+rivet&qid=1581477617&s=automotive&sr=1-11

·
Registered
32 Posts

I removed the front plate and to cover the holes. I hole punched (2) color matched vinyl wraps then put the clear bra on...it came out perfect.

·
Administrator
4,247 Posts
Mini sidebar - but his reminds me that on my Gen6 Civic, there was a specific body-colored OEM part/clips that came on the car (and which I still have somewhere). I didn't need a front license plate until I moved states, and I only needed to remove the clips when it came time to attach. And if I no longer need the front license plate, the OEM clips pop back in. Too bad that's no longer standard on Hondas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts