Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted some of my dashcam footage on YouTube, also included is when I was rear ended (It is going to be repaired soon - minor cosmetic damage on the outside, but you can feel the bumper underneath is deformed).. I recommend everyone here get a dashcam!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Do you have a rear cam? I always thought a rear end means the other driver is at fault but that only applies if the driver sticks around. Now I have one in the rear to protect me from hit & runs. All of my previous accidents were rear ends waiting at traffic stops, too.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Do you have a rear cam? I always thought a rear end means the other driver is at fault but that only applies if the driver sticks around. Now I have one in the rear to protect me from hit & runs. All of my previous accidents were rear ends waiting at traffic stops, too.
I'm with you on the rear cam. I upgraded to an Auto-Vox which captures two streams (F/R). I haven't been in a accident in years, but I'm prepared for when it happens. Did I mention I have a 16yo who's about to get his learner's permit? My fear is that a cop will blame the more inexperienced driver.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a rear cam, but the guy was going to work in a work truck so his insurance company has hooked me up pretty good. I only got the dashcam maybe a week and a half before this happened. I don't really want to deal with the wiring etc that goes along with putting one in. I WISH Honda and other manufacturers would include the option to use the front and rear vehicle cameras as dashcams (kinda like one other manufacturer does already)..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts