Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was gonna order the ones for the Civic but asked for them to create some for the Insight. Well here they are but they didn’t make them with white trim I wanted. I still may get them just not sure if I want blue or black for my White Insight.

Custom Fit Cup, Door, Center Console Liner Accessories for 2019 2020 2021 Honda Insight 16PC Set (Blue Trim) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTS8R5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_akzNBbW4R6T08

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,285 Posts
Was gonna order the ones for the Civic but asked for them to create some for the Insight. Well here they are but they didn’t make them with white trim I wanted. I still may get them just not sure if I want blue or black for my White Insight.

Custom Fit Cup, Door, Center Console Liner Accessories for 2019 2020 2021 Honda Insight 16PC Set (Blue Trim) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTS8R5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_akzNBbW4R6T08
I have them in black for my white Insight. I felt the blue would have been too loud. I did not use the mats for the phone holder or bottom of the console since Honda already gave us those in the stock EX. I'm happy so far. I keep my keys in the driver's door pull when in the car. They no longer rattle since there is a mat in place of the normal plastic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I wound up getting the black ones too. I agree the black is really nice and not as loud as white or blue would have been in my white EX with black interior.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm intrigued! What exactly do these do?

I see that they are non-skid rubber liners (for just about everything!), but is there a problem without them?

Strangely, Amazon shows two sets --a group of 12 and another of 4. Are those for front and back?

@hasarad

You mentioned leaving your keys in the door "pull". I'm not that familiar with the car's interior. Is that a "cup holder" in the door?

Isn't there a risk of leaving the keys in the car when you walk away? I've always had my keys in the ignition (OK, old cars), but assume with the Insight, I'd just leave the fob in my pocket all the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I see that they are non-skid rubber liners (for just about everything!), but is there a problem without them?

Strangely, Amazon shows two sets --a group of 12 and another of 4. Are those for front and back?

@hasarad

You mentioned leaving your keys in the door "pull". I'm not that familiar with the car's interior. Is that a "cup holder" in the door?

Isn't there a risk of leaving the keys in the car when you walk away? I've always had my keys in the ignition (OK, old cars), but assume with the Insight, I'd just leave the fob in my pocket all the time.
They are just liners for the interior cup holders door pull and other various compartments.

Not as durable as the ones Honda provided in the Insight for your phone and center console but a nice to have for other places.

Sometimes while running out for my coffee before work I leave the keys in the door pull while driving drive or so as to not forget them if not in my pocket.

The door pull is the part of the door used to close the door while sitting in the car - for me it can hold my phone horizontally (for now) or wallet and keys if the phone is in the phone holder for CarPlay

Couldn’t find the one with 12 and 4 but I got the one that had 16 pieces so perhaps you’re right. I didn’t use two of them since Honda had better ones for phonetray and center console. .

These are nice if you have kids but completely unnecessary to have. I didn’t have them for my last car but wanted them for my Insight. For me it keeps things from sliding in my change tray and keeps my cup from moving or making noise in the cup holder

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,285 Posts

@hasarad

I totally bought them on impulse since they were cheap. The door pull is the handle you'd grab to open/close the door. It was the best place I could think of to put my key-fob since I don't like it in my pocket. I have walk-away locks set, so I instinctively listen for the second beep when I walk away. I haven't forgotten my keys yet. As for the benefit, I have kids. You ever have anyone leave candy in a door-pull on a hot day? These things have already paid for themselves in a reduction of effort in clean-up.

Side note - take out the stock liner in the bottom of the console and flip it over to check out the picture.

Don

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here is my first contribution to the thread, "Custom Fit Cup, Door, Center Console Liner Accessories". Turns out the Insight EX (and probably the LX and Touring), only comes with two liners. The one in the bottom of the center console (which has an "Easter Egg" on the bottom of it), and the one for the phone tray. Here are some photos I took of the two existing liners that come with the Insight, along with the new ones I got, $25 at Amazon, in black, white, red, or blue. These are much flimsier than the stock liners, don't fit snugly to their space (little smaller than the area they cover), so I would probably give them a 4 out of 5 rating.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here is my first contribution to the thread, "Custom Fit Cup, Door, Center Console Liner Accessories". Turns out the Insight EX (and probably the LX and Touring), only comes with two liners. The one in the bottom of the center console (which has an "Easter Egg" on the bottom of it), and the one for the phone tray. Here are some photos I took of the two existing liners that come with the Insight, along with the new ones I got, $25 at Amazon, in black, white, red, or blue. These are much flimsier than the stock liners, don't fit snugly to their space (little smaller than the area they cover), so I would probably give them a 4 out of 5 rating.
I bought these same liners.... I have a favorite coffee travel mug of mine that truly does keep my coffee hot on my 30+ mile commute to work and doesn't leak a drop. However, the cup rattles in the cupholder of the Insight and these liners fixed my problem for me. A little steep since all I really needed where the ones for the cupholders but I went ahead and installed the ones in the door pockets and rear cupholders in the armrest. Seem like good quality. I guess 25 bucks is a small price to pay for my sanity to keep rattles at bay! 😄

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought these same liners.... I have a favorite coffee travel mug of mine that truly does keep my coffee hot on my 30+ mile commute to work and doesn't leak a drop. However, the cup rattles in the cupholder of the Insight and these liners fixed my problem for me. A little steep since all I really needed where the ones for the cupholders but I went ahead and installed the ones in the door pockets and rear cupholders in the armrest. Seem like good quality. I guess 25 bucks is a small price to pay for my sanity to keep rattles at bay! :smile:
Thanks for the comment about the rear cupholders. I totally forgot about the rear door cupholders as well as the rear seat center arm cupholders (which is why there were two double stick tabs included). Looks like all of the liners are indeed for the Insight (exception being the coin tray liner which is only for the Touring model).

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought these same liners.... I have a favorite coffee travel mug of mine that truly does keep my coffee hot on my 30+ mile commute to work and doesn't leak a drop. However, the cup rattles in the cupholder of the Insight and these liners fixed my problem for me. A little steep since all I really needed where the ones for the cupholders but I went ahead and installed the ones in the door pockets and rear cupholders in the armrest. Seem like good quality. I guess 25 bucks is a small price to pay for my sanity to keep rattles at bay! :smile:
If others don't mind a DIY solution, cutting up an old T-shirt and wedging it into the cup holder will hold the coffee cup still and prevent it from rattling. Or even a paper towel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered the cup liners with white trim. They arrived last night. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts