Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

What's the highest number of miles you've driven your Insight in a single day?

• 601-650 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 701-750 miles

• 751-800 miles

• 851-900 miles

• 901-950 miles

• 951-1,000 miles

• 1,000-1,100 miles

• 1,100-1,200 miles

• 1,300-1,400 miles

• 1,400-1,500 miles

• More than 1,500 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Insight owners. What's the highest number of miles you've driven your Insight in a single day? My wife and I drove from Bryan, TX to Pilot Grove, MO last summer, 819 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,613 Posts
I'm not even close. I might need to drive from New Jersey to Alabama to pick up my mom who's visiting her sister though. She left NJ on 3/2 and was supposed to return on 3/25. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I'm leaving the timing up to her. If she waits on an all-clear for air travel, it will likely by July before that happens. I am chomping at the bit for a road trip in my Insight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Jersey to Alabama sounds nice. Probably scenic along the East Coast. I'm longing for a road trip these days. We've been cooped up in Washington state for a while because of the current crisis. Getting on the road has always been therapeutic for me. Driving east from Spokane, WA on I90 takes you through the beautiful Rocky Mountains of northern Idaho and western Montana with very little traffic for hundreds of miles, just trees, mountains, rivers, lakes, streams, and wildlife here and there. Then through the wide-open Big Sky country, Montana, until the plains of South Dakota on our way to Missouri. So nice, especially in the Insight. :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,046 Posts
One of my aunt lives in Seattle, WA and I live on the other end of i-90 in Boston, MA. I've always wonder what it's like to drive from beginning to end via i-90. :whistle:

The most I've driven within one day is probably somewhere around 100 miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my aunt lives in Seattle, WA and I live on the other end of i-90 in Boston, MA. I've always wonder what it's like to drive from beginning to end via i-90. :whistle:

The most I've driven within one day is probably somewhere around 100 miles.
It would be a cool trip. Once you get past Chicago, it's mostly rural areas. Not in our Inisght, but in our previous Honda (2015 Fit Sport) my wife and I drove from Spokane (on the eastern border of Washington state) to New York (stayed with our son and his wife in Queens for a week) and then down to Ashville, NC and then to Branson, MO and then straight up to Canada and headed west across Canada and returned to the States via the border crossing in northern Idaho. Total miles was 8,400. We loved that trip.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Insight owners. What's the highest number of miles you've driven your Insight in a single day? My wife and I drove from Bryan, TX to Pilot Grove, MO last summer, 819 miles.
It's nearly exactly 600 miles from our house to my in-laws. We drove out in the Insight for Thanksgiving dinner and returned the next day.

·
Registered
2019 EX White Pearl Orchid
83 Posts
Not with the Insight... but have driven several 1000 - 1400 miles in one LONG stretch.. Wisconsin to Florida . Wisconsin to Hampton VA longest was to Albuquerque NM.. Been trying to plan to get out to Palm Dessert CA.. now with the current status.. not sure when...

·
Registered
381 Posts
My longest trip involved leaving Elmhurst, Queens, NYC mid morning. Drove through the evening and night along the Pa. turnpike with fun lane changing experiences with a group of 18 wheelers. Found a motel around 11pm in Wheeling W. Va. Couln't sleep well, so hit the road near sunrise, around 6am. Drove all day and all night. Stopped every 2-3 hours for food and fuel, and once to safely rest. Was driving my first car a '67 VW beetle. Drove a steady 72 mph (speedometer needle straight through the 0 of 70 on the meter). I got 30 mpg. By sunrise I'd made it to my destination of Colo. Spgs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts