Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... I like to drive hands free on straightaways that might have slight curves for the 15 seconds or so before the warning shows on the display for steering. What I find extremely dangerous is that I have to rely on the visual indicator that lkas has disengaged and the beep it makes is identical to the acc finding or losing a car in front of me.

Who on earth made this decision for honda? It'd be like if Tesla made the same noise for autopolit disengaging as any other cabin notification...there'd be accidents everywhere...

I know your not supposed to drive hands free but honda really should take note of this...

Anyone else experience this frustration?

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
It's simply an attention beep. You should not rely on driving hands free despite knowing about the water bottle trick :)

I drove my mom's Subaru this morning. Similarly, the beep is the same for all attention-getting needs.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Who on earth made this decision for honda? It'd be like if Tesla made the same noise for autopolit disengaging as any other cabin notification...there'd be accidents everywhere...
Like other car manufacturers, Honda outsourced the development of Honda Sensing and chose an 'off-the-shelf' offering from Bosch... so technically Bosch made the decision for Honda. See this article @andrew28 shared from the WSJ on the outsourcing of Honda Sensing. https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-honda-insight-features-equipment/548-hondas-cruise-control-philosophy.html

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Like the title says... I like to drive hands free on straightaways that might have slight curves for the 15 seconds or so before the warning shows on the display for steering. What I find extremely dangerous is that I have to rely on the visual indicator that lkas has disengaged and the beep it makes is identical to the acc finding or losing a car in front of me.

I know your not supposed to drive hands free but honda really should take note of this...

Anyone else experience this frustration?
I find it easier to disable the beep for ACC vehicle detection but leaving the LKAS alert on. The car icon is more easier to notice than the lane markers in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nope, no noise, no beeps, and I like it that way !! All beeping was turned off at the dealership!

Now you want beeping? The wife's Outback will beep at everything!!

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
Nope, no noise, no beeps, and I like it that way !! All beeping was turned off at the dealership!

Now you want beeping? The wife's Outback will beep at everything!!
Mom's Subaru let me know that the car in front of me moved away when the light turned green and I was a little late getting on the gas. I will admit, that was a bit much. I guess it's to help those that get engrossed in their cell phones at a stoplight.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
I understand too many alerts can be annoying but some alerts can be helpful. When I use waze the Insight alerts me with a beep whenever I go over the speed limit. Helps out a lot at night when I'm traveling on unfamiliar roads and the speed limit suddenly drops.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I chose to turn off the beeps for lkas altogether since it tends to lose lane markings so often on one of my main roads and the beeping was driving me nuts. I prefer the car to alert me when radar contact is achieved or list on a target. The lkas is really odd about losing contact when the lines are perfectly clear on a lot of the roads I drive on.🙄

·
Registered
836 Posts
I understand too many alerts can be annoying but some alerts can be helpful. When I use waze the Insight alerts me with a beep whenever I go over the speed limit. Helps out a lot at night when I'm traveling on unfamiliar roads and the speed limit suddenly drops.
Not like you live in the land of 5 million speed limit changes... Like seriously, every time I drive through Massachusetts my fiancé is on speed limit watch duty.

Reactions: andrew28
1 - 10 of 10 Posts