Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight Touring
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer Prank?
So my car arrived in Orlando on Tuesday morning and I was told it would be ready Thursday to pick up. But first things first...

I negotiated out of the protection package for a spoiler and other items. Really wanted to personalize it with the trunk spoiler. Besides, I've never seen one in person and only 1 online. They agreed pending the sale and 5 day wait regarding their return policy. I could then have the spoiler installed.

So I get a text Wednesday afternoon from my salesman, a guy who has been fantastic to us historically through 4 previous purchases(my wife 2 cars, and myself 2). He says the car has a blemish on the trunk lid and will be going to the body shop, and likely wiil be not ready until next week. I get another text from his sales manager apologizing and reassuring me the car will be made right.

Today, I get a text from my salesman with these pics saying the car is ready and can now be picked up tomorrow.

Thoughts on the possible Prank?
Thoughts on the look?
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it because you want to check the spoiler out in person before they install it?

Installing the spoiler requires them to drill holes into the trunk. They probably messed up somewhere with the drilling is my guess. Inspect the vehicle(not just the trunk area) carefully in person before you leave the dealership. Do it during the daytime on a clear day. Do not inspect the vehicle at night or during bad weather. You can't really see small defects by looking at photos.
Sage advice. My salesman has actually advised my in the past to trade my car elsewhere, do not buy add ons(tint, wheel locks etc) among other things. I'm a conscience buyer and fully aware of such tactics, but I appreciate his candor. Given they texted me the very next day makes me suspect either, there was in fact a blemish or my salesman was going the extra mile and asked for it to be done for me.
That said, I will certainly inspect it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, picked up the car this morning. There actually was a blemish that I can see the remnants of(very faint). The spoiler does cover it, or actually is over it, if you will.

There was no misdirection, at least not intentionally. My salesman actually had a difference of opinion with his supervisor regarding the spoiler. He wanted to have it ready without returning for installation; his boss wanted to keep protocol...wait for purchase, then return 5 days for install.

I'm grateful to save a 60 min round trip plus wait time. I plan on sending an email to his sales manager to compliment his(and mine)guy!

No critique of the car as of yet. I miss my 2.0T Accord acceleration already and the lumbar support but maybe fuel savings will help me forget. It rides well and handles well to end on a positive note.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much. It's funny because, I drive a truck so the seat has an air ride AND lumbar support is part of that. So it's adjustable like your Link. Pump up and release as needed.

I have a few at home, and they are often too much or not enough depending on the application( chair, seat, etc). Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts