Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give my 2022 ex a smoother side look, debadged both side ,, I wanted the new HYBRID look
so installed the new Honda Hybrid badge on the back ...
This finishes the look I wanted ,,,, tinted windows and the Touring chrome garnish trim

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is the Genuine Honda Part number
75723-TZA-J01
i purchased it from JDM Yamoto ,, do a google , took about a week
if you run this part number you will get many places ,,, strange , no one shows
a photo of it hence, it took me for ever to get the part number
looks great .. left the Insight logo on left side , put this on right side

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comes in a little package ,,, HONDA ,,, two pieced the e: and the other
glue already on just clean where you want it use some tape to keep it straight
oh what am I talking about ,, you know the drill ... interesting I have NEVER seen this
shown for sale ,, I was lucky to get a part number ... post some photos when ur done

·
Registered
2022 Lunar Silver Insight EX
14 Posts
That looks good! I've been debating removing my side badges since I got my car. I also like the new badge you put on the rear. Did the new badge you put on the back come with its own adhesive pre-applied?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good advice from @Bingee

You can use dental floss instead of fishing line, if you don't have the latter. A little more work and expect it to break a few times.

Here's a video that explains the technique and some options to remove any remaining adhesive:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,253 Posts
I finally took the 2 front hybrid badges off during this weekend when it was really hot outside. The passenger side facing the Sun was really easy. I used a strong piece of string and sliced from behind the badge. The leftover adhesive peeled right off. I had more difficulty removing the leftover adhesive on the driver side since it was in the shade. Had to use Goo Gone and my driver's license to scrape it off. Cleaned the paint afterwards with Meguiar's waterless wash & wax. I wish I had done this 3 years ago when I got my Insight. I'm liking the cleaner look without the hybrid badges. I kept the hybrid badge located on the trunk. Need it for places like the airport that offers prime parking space for EVs/Hybrids and for having an EV license plate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts