Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else debadging their insight? I just took my "hybrid" badges off on the quarter panels...looking to maybe take off the hybrid on the back and possibly touring.... I'd rather not be driving around announcing that my vehicle is just like a prius....

·
Registered
141 Posts
My take on the badges is I'm okay with people knowing the Insight is a hybrid vehicle because it is not just like a Prius. The Insight is a sedan, not the typical hatchback hybrid!

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I'd like the fire department to know my vehicle is a hybrid before they start tearing into it with the jaws of life - for my sake and theirs. It's bad enough the NJ gas station attendants bang on the fuel door because they think it's a GenX Civic.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Anyone else debadging their insight? I just took my "hybrid" badges off on the quarter panels...looking to maybe take off the hybrid on the back and possibly touring.... I'd rather not be driving around announcing that my vehicle is just like a prius....
@hasarad makes a good point that the hybrid badge alerts first responders that your vehicle has a HV battery. Also you might want to keep the Touring badge for when you sell the vehicle.

·
Registered
296 Posts
@hasarad makes a good point that the hybrid badge alerts first responders that your vehicle has a HV battery. Also you might want to keep the Touring badge for when you sell the vehicle.
How about debadging just the dealer badge? How hard is it? Will the dealer be "mad"?

·
Registered
141 Posts
How about debadging just the dealer badge? How hard is it? Will the dealer be "mad"?
Back in the early 70's I purchased a Subaru when all you could get was manual transmission. I paid for the car in full (About $3200.00). The car was solid blue and I told the salesman that since I did body repair and painting, I was going to paint the roof white. He asked me to bring it back to him after I painted the roof and if he liked what he saw, he might recommend future work my way if a customer was interested in two-toning their purchase. I removed the dealership decal, painted the roof, and took the car back for him to see. The only thing he said he did not like was that the dealership's badge was gone. I reminded him that since I fully paid for the car, I did not care to advertise for him unless he was willing to offer me something to be an advertisement for him. Needless to say, he did not think that was funny. I did not get any two-tone work from him! :grin:

Reactions: wagner

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
My dealership used a decal instead of a badge so it was easily removed on a hot summer day. :grin:

Reactions: LowRider

·
Registered
33 Posts
Back in the early 70's I purchased a Subaru when all you could get was manual transmission. I paid for the car in full (About $3200.00). The car was solid blue and I told the salesman that since I did body repair and painting, I was going to paint the roof white. He asked me to bring it back to him after I painted the roof and if he liked what he saw, he might recommend future work my way if a customer was interested in two-toning their purchase. I removed the dealership decal, painted the roof, and took the car back for him to see. The only thing he said he did not like was that the dealership's badge was gone. I reminded him that since I fully paid for the car, I did not care to advertise for him unless he was willing to offer me something to be an advertisement for him. Needless to say, he did not think that was funny. I did not get any two-tone work from him! :grin:
I have removed the license plate frames form the dealer. I also don't see the need to advertise for that dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
No dealer badge was one of the things that was stipulated upon purchase. The dealer has no right to be mad - it's your car, and you paid for it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wear the Insight and Hybrid badges proudly. I was actually thinking of getting bigger Hybrid badges because I thought the Insight hybrid badges were not noticeable enough..

To me, it’s kind of a mark of sophistication (especially financial savvy in times of high gas prices). I no longer equate hybrid with just the Prius anymore as a lot of manufacturers have hybrids now. And the Prius has changed so much over the years , I don’t look down on it really (ex: Prius Prime).

I like the positive surprise factor when people realize it’s a hybrid and it doesn’t look like your typical hybrid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i wear the insight and hybrid badges proudly. I was actually thinking of getting bigger hybrid badges because i thought the insight hybrid badges were not noticeable enough..

To me, it’s kind of a mark of sophistication (especially financial savvy in times of high gas prices). I no longer equate hybrid with just the prius anymore as a lot of manufacturers have hybrids now. And the prius has changed so much over the years , i don’t look down on it really (ex: Prius prime).

I like the positive surprise factor when people realize it’s a hybrid and it doesn’t look like your typical hybrid.
download_1580782749975.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
I wear the Insight and Hybrid badges proudly. I was actually thinking of getting bigger Hybrid badges because I thought the Insight hybrid badges were not noticeable enough..

To me, it’s kind of a mark of sophistication (especially financial savvy in times of high gas prices). I no longer equate hybrid with just the Prius anymore as a lot of manufacturers have hybrids now. And the Prius has changed so much over the years , I don’t look down on it really (ex: Prius Prime).

On the Japanese Accord (and possibly coming to US and/or other models?), the new badge reads "e:HEV" instead of hybrid, and no longer appears on the left/right sides of car. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/27866-post8.html

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Ad Libed from a thread I posted some time ago :

Every Insight owner should be informed on the subject of "First Response".

On a crash scene involving a hybrid vehicle, you may be the only person present who can recognize the danger in what some uniformed person might be preparing to do.

See : https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/AER09446.pdf
^^^ This post, from thread on "2019 Honda Insight Hybrid Emergency Response Guide" :) - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/7768-post2.html

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ad Libed from a thread I posted some time ago :

Every Insight owner should be informed on the subject of "First Response".

On a crash scene involving a hybrid vehicle, you may be the only person present who can recognize the danger in what some uniformed person might be preparing to do.

See : https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/AER09446.pdf
Good info in that pdf... all jokes aside, if I ever find myself in a body of water with the Insight, I’ll remember first thing to do is hold power button for 3 seconds (if I’m physically able to or circumstances call for me to just get out quickly).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts