Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closing out 2020, Honda cites the CR-V as its best selling vehicle, and the Civic as the leader for compact car sales.

Honda mentions "third straight year record electrified vehicle sales" bolstered by sales of the CR-V Hybrid and Accord Hybrid. (The Insight is noticeably missing from mention.) Insight final 2020 sales were down ~33% versus 2019.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
159 Posts
Honda mentions "third straight year record electrified vehicle sales" bolstered by sales of the CR-V Hybrid and Accord Hybrid. (The Insight is noticeably missing from mention.) Insight final 2020 sales were down ~33% versus 2019.
Still interesting to note that even the Accord category took a 26% hit in the Daily Sales Rate. Sales of other electrified vehicles resulted in a 4% increase including making up for the decrease of 7,500 Insights sold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm stunned that people are buying the ILX! I saw one the other day for the first time in a long time. It outsells the Insight!

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
159 Posts
I'm stunned that people are buying the ILX! I saw one the other day for the first time in a long time. It outsells the Insight!
The ILX remains rare since for 2020, Insight still beat it by about 2500 units. For whatever reason, Insight sales dropped year-over-year this December while ILX gained.

It's interesting to see that Honda/Acura keeps the Insight/ILX in their lineups even at those ~15K sales numbers - but they serve different roles with each brand. How profitable they are isn't as clear.
  • ILX - luxury entry?
  • Insight - top efficiency (+ luxury)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts