Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
imo these dents were before they were painted a loading rack miss loaded my take
none have paint missing
My dent showed up over 30k after buying it so the dent wasn’t there before leaving the factory. Some kind of stress allowed the dent to form due to some kind of engineering flaw.

·
Registered
2022 Lunar Silver Insight EX
7 Posts
I inspected my 2022 Insight and 2018 Civic. Insight is fine but I can see a small dent in the Civic, I would not have noticed because the car is black but when I look at it from the back of the car I can see a small wave in the area seen by others.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,113 Posts
My Insight is white(no dent yet) and I don’t think anyone reported this with a white Insight either. It seems to be with the darker colors. Maybe in the Summer the metal gets hot enough to bend and change shape in that area?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2019 EX with Modern steel color and do not have dents in the roof/quarter sail areas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The loaner Insight I'm driving (yep, almost 2 weeks of mine being in the shop) is a black 2020. It has a small wave on the driver side, the passenger side looks ok, but overall looks better than mine and I'd be happy enough if mine looked this way. Haven't heard if Honda or the dealership is going to take care of the dent issue on mine, or even help out. I imagine Honda will say this is an attribute for the car, since the Honda rep + service manager hinted towards that. If it's an attribute, yet there are perfect cars out there, I know it's possible for it to be made right and want mine that way.

·
Registered
2021 Insight EX
64 Posts
imo these dents were before they were painted a loading rack miss loaded my take
none have paint missing
I suspect it's a metallurgy problem that won't get fixed unless they get tons of complaints, and until the next gen (assuming design is not yet finalized).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts