Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So… I just bought a 2022 Insight and there was a digital speedometer!!! But then I fiddled with the buttons to explore features and it switched to kmh. So… my question is am I crazy and it was never there to begin with, or it was but now has disappeared…. It is truly bizarre.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
729 Posts
So… I just bought a 2022 Insight and there was a digital speedometer!!! But then I fiddled with the buttons to explore features and it switched to kmh. So… my question is am I crazy and it was never there to begin with, or it was but now has disappeared…. It is truly bizarre.
If it's an American Model then it was actually always in KPH. If it's from another country, say Canada, then it will always be in MPH. The digital speedo in the Insight is only there to fulfill the need for people entering into other countries which have speed limits set in a different format that the origin country of the Insight purchased. Extremely dumb but unfortunately true.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's an American Model then it was actually always in KPH. If it's from another country, say Canada, then it will always be in MPH. The digital speedo in the Insight is only there to fulfill the need for people entering into other countries which have speed limits set in a different format that the origin country of the Insight purchased. Extremely dumb but unfortunately true.
So strange… I am in Los Angeles and MPH was there. I don’t know how to explain it. Seems like such an easy solution if other models of Honda have a digital speedo. Not a huge deal but definitely more convenient.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So strange… I am in Los Angeles and MPH was there. I don’t know how to explain it. Seems like such an easy solution if other models of Honda have a digital speedo. Not a huge deal but definitely more convenient.
It's easy to turn it on but seems to only go into km

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree entirely especially since they already have it converted to digital speed from the cruise control setup

·
Registered
2022 Honda Insight EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if we can get enough from this forum to send a letter to Honda and see if it could be an update in the future

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
I sent a feedback message to Honda about this thru the HondaLink app back in 2019. I doubt they would do anything about this by now if they haven't. Considering it has to do with the speedometer it would probably have to go through some sort of safety certification/approval by the NHTSA, too. Probably too much of a hassle and money for Honda to get the Insight certify again for a speedometer update. Even though they fixed it for the 2021 Accord I haven't seen any sign they pushed the fix for the 2018-2020 Accord either.

My 3 previous vehicles have a digital speedometer so it was difficult at first having to adjust to the Insight. As time went on I find myself not really needing to look at the speedometer. Most roads I drive on I just follow the speed of traffic. On highways I would use adaptive cruise control along with Waze to alert me of speed traps ahead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's to hoping I sent them an email! The civic has had one for years I don't see how it would that big of a deal when they already have it showing in km they just need a simple function to switch to mph. Heck the manual has the steps to do it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Simple update would fix this...cars from like 2014 have digital tach's...shame honda doesn't have it on the insight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts