Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I go out to my car to discover that all four windows are open. I assume it is due to some magic press or buttons. Of course, this is terrible. How do I (can I?) disable this “feature”? (I keep remote start disabled for the same reason.)

·
Registered
836 Posts
It's the unlock button. Technically you are supposed to push it once, release, press a second time and hold for the windows to roll down. I have seen some people say that you don't have to press it twice. Haven't tested to confirm this.

I don't know if you can disable this feature. You can however get some type of sleeve for the fob, or keep it separated from your other keys. Personally I attach the fob to a belt loop with a carabiner, my other keys go in a pocket.

·
Super Moderator
4,096 Posts
Unfortunately, Honda doesn't offer an option to disable the auto-window-down 'feature' on any of its models. Similar complaints have been in place for prior Honda models/years without solution.

Do both of your fobs respond in the same way? Maybe try the other fob to see if the unlock button is more sensitive on the one you're using? Or consider a case like these that could spread pressure points across the fob (or worst case activates lock button under the snap fastener if accidentally pressed).

P.S. - I'm pretty certain two presses of 'unlock' are needed to put the windows down... not to be confused with one press of 'lock' before selecting remote start button -? https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/258-2019-honda-insight-features-equipment/2209-how-use-remote-engine-start-full-explanation.html

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Does turning on the lock window button prevent the rolling windows down feature on the keyfob?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,096 Posts
Does turning on the lock window button prevent the rolling windows down feature on the keyfob?
Activating the window lock switch didn't work per Accord forum, but may be worth re-checking on the Insight.

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/key-fob-rolling-all-windows-down-how-to-disable.436826/#post-5507418
Q - Wild shot, but can you disable that by using the window lock button on the driver's door?
A - My theory failed. If I engage the window lock with the button on driver's door, the remote still opens both of them and the moon roof. And I had to release the lock button in order to close the passenger window after my test failed. Was worth a try...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I did some googling and this “feature” seems to be causing a lot of similar complaints. Living in Florida, I’m pretty sure my car would be totaled for flood damage if my windows got triggered in a heavy rain. Sheesh. Hoping for a fix

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I did some googling and this “feature” seems to be causing a lot of similar complaints. Living in Florida, I’m pretty sure my car would be totaled for flood damage if my windows got triggered in a heavy rain. Sheesh. Hoping for a fix
Are you sitting on your keys?? Too much stuff in your pocket? My fob lives in my front pocket with a wallet and I’ve never had the windows lower themselves unless I meant them to. You really have to hold the button to get the windows all the way down. If you release the button, the windows stop immediately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts