Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand you want to stay in the Green and Blue zones on the Power gauge, but once you hit the white lines, do you lose a lot of fuel efficiency by going up even further?

Sometimes I need to hit the gas pretty hard (usually on a long, uphill stretch on a highway), and I try to avoid going too far up the power gauge, but I'm wondering if maybe it doesn't make much of a difference after a certain point.

Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Car

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,253 Posts
Yes, but you can make up the difference later if your trip distance is long enough. It doesn't hurt much if you do it in short bursts.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I understand you want to stay in the Green and Blue zones on the Power gauge, but once you hit the white lines, do you lose a lot of fuel efficiency by going up even further?

Sometimes I need to hit the gas pretty hard (usually on a long, uphill stretch on a highway), and I try to avoid going too far up the power gauge, but I'm wondering if maybe it doesn't make much of a difference after a certain point.
I made some highway trips last month. I had some mpg success with max-ing out battery use for those long up grades. Have been keeping the power gauge out of the white zone, but top of the blue zone often is not enough.

Down grades are fun! EV mode all the way, with some hard cornering, and EV along the straightaway that follows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts