Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just purchased 2019 Insight and was wondering if there is a way to connect via USB and Mirror Link screens? USB connection failed and available only for charging. Anybody know how todo this step by step? It constantly drops connection. Tried multiple cables.
Thanks in advance.

Android 9.0, Touring trim if it helps

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Re: "constantly drops connection" - have you never been able to connect? Or does it connect at some points, but doesn't stay connected?

These could be next steps to check, after confirming that you have Android App on your phone, as Mr. Natural suggested:
  • Was an OEM cable among the multiple ones you've already tried?
  • Have both USB ports been tried and/or do both USB ports fail at connecting?
  • See if disconnecting/reconnecting your phone helps to re-establish connection? (e.g. disable AA on phone app and bluetooth, forget/delete phone from car phone list and bluetooth, try reconnecting phone to audio system with OEM cable to re-initiate AA)
  • Try audio system reboot (see video in this thread)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply,
I have tried original cable, it said connected to my phone and got disconnected right away. Exited Android Auto, turned off Bluetooth, try to connect again it doesn't recognize anything any longer that my phone is connected to usb. Tried diff usb, same thing

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,302 Posts
Thanks for your reply,
I have tried original cable, it said connected to my phone and got disconnected right away. Exited Android Auto, turned off Bluetooth, try to connect again it doesn't recognize anything any longer that my phone is connected to usb. Tried diff usb, same thing
If the cable charges the phone, but AA doesn't work, it's most likely a cable issue. Did you try both USB ports. Borrow cables from friends to try.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,774 Posts
Hi, Just purchased 2019 Insight and was wondering if there is a way to connect via USB and Mirror Link screens? USB connection failed and available only for charging. Anybody know how todo this step by step? It constantly drops connection. Tried multiple cables.
Thanks in advance.

Android 9.0, Touring trim if it helps
Mirror link has been phased out for CarPlay and Android Auto. https://www.civicx.com/threads/just-found-out-head-unit-doesnt-support-mirrorlink.8451/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts