Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the tips on the phone volume everyone. I'll give them a try.

As for my trunk, I have my keys attached to an RFID blocking key holder. Although they are not in the keyholder, I suspect at time they holder is blocking the signal from the keys from being seen by the car, which may be causing the car trunk from closing:

https://smile.amazon.com/Mission-Darkness-Automobile-Enforcement-Anti-Hacking/dp/B01H1C21O2/ref=sr_1_24?keywords=car+key+rfid&qid=1552750008&s=gateway&sr=8-24

Also, does anyone know how to make the front map lights come on when the doors are opened? I saw that in one of Verdier's youtube videos and thought it would be nice to have on to add extra light in the cabin when entering it.
My Touring has a switch that does just what you want.
View attachment 1356

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
My Touring has a switch that does just what you want.
View attachment 1356
I think the Touring has that switch on the front interior lights because the rear interior light is pushed all the way to the rear passenger area due to the moon roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dome light setting in LX

I have a new LX and I cannot get the dome lights to turn on when the door is open. I checked the owner's manual and saw where the switch to set this would be.

There was one problem: That switch did not exist in that spot. I can turn on the lights manually (although these are the map lights).

There is actually a setting in the car for saying how long the interior lights should stay on. But there are no interior lights to stay on as far as I can tell.

Did I just miss out on something incredibly obvious? I didn't even think to ask about this when I bought the car because I pretty much assumed that every car had a light that went on automatically when you opened the door.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
I have a new LX and I cannot get the dome lights to turn on when the door is open. I checked the owner's manual and saw where the switch to set this would be.

There was one problem: That switch did not exist in that spot. I can turn on the lights manually (although these are the map lights).

There is actually a setting in the car for saying how long the interior lights should stay on. But there are no interior lights to stay on as far as I can tell.

Did I just miss out on something incredibly obvious? I didn't even think to ask about this when I bought the car because I pretty much assumed that every car had a light that went on automatically when you opened the door.
So you don't have that switch I circled in red for your rear dome light?

P.S. We (LX, EX owners) don't get the switch for the front map lights which allows them to turn on when doors open. It's exclusive to the Touring.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
The center dome light switch has 3 positions: ON, OFF. and not marked but in center position is where the center dome light with come on with the opening of the doors.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
The dome lights (rear/center of roof) will activate when doors are opened if the dome light switch is left in the "middle" position, as previously mentioned. This applies for all trim levels (LX, EX, Touring).

The map lights (front/center of roof, toward windshield) only activate when pressed for LX and EX models (attached). Touring models get the extra switch on the map lights, which can also be set to activate when doors are opened. [I think you may have seen page 215 in the Owners Manual on "Interior Lights" - but there's a small * in the manual by this map light feature, which calls out that it's only available on the Touring trim.]

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks everyone. I see what the problem was. I just wasn't used to the light being so far behind the driver.

It was not set to go when the door opened, but now it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts