Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the Insight is identified as one of Canada's ten worst-selling cars in the first 6 months of 2020. The list excludes premium brands, 2-seaters, and anything >$100k price point. Canada's overall car sales are down due to covid, but demand is even 10% lower than the same time frame of the 2009 recession (ouch!).

https://driving.ca/jeep/features/feature-story/canadas-10-worst-selling-vehicles-in-2020s-first-six-months-covid-edition

Per the article, "these cars are lucky if they saw one sale a day in Canada in 2020" for the first 6 months of the calendar year. The "losing-est" car(s) are the Fiat 500 models:

10. CHRYSLER 300 = 280 sold (-84%)
09. JEEP RENEGADE = 187 sold (-45%)
08. HONDA INSIGHT = 174 sold (-31%)
07. VW ARTEON = 155 sold (-15%)
06. TOYOTA SEQUOIA = 155 sold (-50%)
05. NISSAN ARMADA = 116 sold (-71%)
04. TOYOTA 86 = 112 sold (-18%)
03. TOYOTA AVALON = 91 sold (-57%)
02. FIAT 500X = 22 sold (-4%)
01. FIAT 500L = 8 sold (-20%)

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
I don't think Honda sends much Insight inventory to Canada to begin with. I remember a poster here that was thinking of buying one had trouble tracking one down just to test drive.

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Honda sends much Insight inventory to Canada to begin with. I remember a poster here that was thinking of buying one had trouble tracking one down just to test drive.
Canada receives <2% of total Insight production. - sales data by country

252 Insights sold in Canada from Jan 2019 to Jun 2019; the 174 sold from Jan 2020 to Jun 2020 is a 30% reduction.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was the person who had trouble finding one to test drive back in February/March of 2019. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and I am happy to say that I still enjoy driving the car although I don’t put a lot of mileage on it. I now have 4400 km on it ( 2750 miles ) . I have also been fortunate that I have not had a single issue with it. No rattles or squeaks as other people have described or any other issue. It must have been a good assembly line day. As mentioned above they are a rare bird up here. I have only ever seen two other Insights on the road and both were this year

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I have also been fortunate that I have not had a single issue with it. No rattles or squeaks as other people have described or any other issue. It must have been a good assembly line day.
I've had a similar experience with respect to rattles, squeaks, etc. I've always joked that mine was built on a Tuesday. It sounds like yours was as well!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, that was me. Never did get to test drive. Didn't have any troubles actually ordering one though (and I was ordering a "hybrid", not the more common touring), got it within a week, although my local dealer told me it would take months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts