Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the Honda 2019 Insight EX. I have been playing with the thumb control dash display and cannot for the life of me determine the meaning of the image of the car with 2 sets of lines that fluctuate from either side of the image of the vehicle. These lines move up and down with the acceleration of the car. I would love an explanation for this display. The tiny owners manual has no information on this feature.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
Hi. I am new to the Honda 2019 Insight EX. I have been playing with the thumb control dash display and cannot for the life of me determine the meaning of the image of the car with 2 sets of lines that fluctuate from either side of the image of the vehicle. These lines move up and down with the acceleration of the car. I would love an explanation for this display. The tiny owners manual has no information on this feature.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATXM1919OM/enu/ATXM1919OM.PDF
^The above link will take you to the full owner's manual.

I'm trying to think of what lines you're referring to with an image of the vehicle that fluctuates with acceleration of the car... Can you take a picture of what you're seeing?

Edit: Is this what you're referring to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is the Eco Drive mode... I do not understand the meaning of the 2 sets of lines
that radiate from the vehicle and fluctuate with acceleration and deceleration.

·
Registered
836 Posts
ECO DRIVE MODE: Simple Explanation.

Ideal (best driving) is keeping the lines on the inside as close to the set of lines on the outside. This is the most energy efficient driving.

As you progress farther away from the center lines (outside), you are either accelerating, or decelerating harder than what is the most ideal. This display is a tool to help people understand best driving practices.

Things that help with efficiency, coasting to stop lights for as long as possible, gradual acceleration. Things that are not as efficient, using the brakes to stop hard, accelerating at full throttle.

·
Super Moderator
2,713 Posts
You want the car to stick close to the middle for fuel efficiency purposes. It's sort of like a game training you to balance your throttle and braking. The lines don't really mean anything so just focus on the car icon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATXM1919OM/enu/ATXM1919OM.PDF
^The above link will take you to the full owner's manual.

I'm trying to think of what lines you're referring to with an image of the vehicle that fluctuates with acceleration of the car... Can you take a picture of what you're seeing?

Edit: Is this what you're referring to?
I can no longer find this display option for the life of me.... Has there been changes to the update that remove this feature?

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Should still be available. It's only visible on the DII (not infotainment); you'll need to cycle thru with the left scroll selector on the steering wheel. - www.gen3insight.com/threads/favorite-dii-setting.2720/#post-18674
There is the ability to add/remove items from the DII list. It's been a while since I edited mine, but it was done from Vehicle Settings in the center infotainment center. It's possible it was inadvertently removed from the list. I'd check there to start if you can't locate it from @insightfully's aforementioned post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts