Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edmunds just posted a youtube review of the 2019 Prius versus 2019 Insight, including this comparison in their list of 'epic battles of automotive history.' The video offers a good intro to hybrids as well as their opinions/comparison of the two.

The opening visual of the two on the road next to each other on the road instantly makes me (re-pick) the Insight, without needing to see/hear their further explanation. Then the interior comparison also made me feel the Prius was outdated.

PRIUS PROS: headroom/interior space, low noise on hills, 2 rear USB ports, improved suspension
PRIUS CONS: center driver info display, odd shifter, 'grabby' brake feel, no CarPlay (yet)

INSIGHT PROS: looks great, intuitive driver layout, 'noisy' engine on hills, comfortable seats
INSIGHT CONS: no rear USB ports

[SPOILER ALERT: Edmunds picks the Insight as the 'bigger and more mature' car.]

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
Wow. My Insight doesn't ever sound that bad. She must be all over the place with throttle input.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it almost sounded like the noise was overly loud and piped in (Sport mode?). For a more 'unbiased' comparison, I thought Edmunds should have had the same person drive both cars - i.e. same driver, same handling, same route.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
They did joke about her lead foot at around the 6:50 mark. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts