Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lunar Silver Insight EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't sure where to put this so mods feel free to move it, but is my brand new 2022 Insight missing a badge here on the engine? The pics I pull up on google show there being an earth dreams emblem on the engine but there's just a blank spot on my valve cover.

Can someone confirm if there is one on their engine so I can go back to the dealer and tell them its missing? Thank you in advance!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Gas Automotive design

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed my dealer and they said the only other Insight they have on the lot right now does not have an emblem there and this is normal. I sent them this photo showing clearly something is supposed to be there with a part number I found today and they're ordering one for my car now. Very bizzare. I wonder how many other 2022 Insights are missing the badge.

Here's the part number if someone needs to have one ordered for their car: 12311-6L2-A01 - Emblem (Earth Dreams) - 2019-2021 Honda Insight | Honda Factory Parts

Light Blue Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a 2022 and I do not have one either.
Okay so update. Service manager called and said officially Honda is not putting a badge on the engine for the 2022 models. This is a super bizarre cost-cutting measure to me and I don't like there being a blank on the engine but I guess according to Honda it's supposed to be that way. They basically told me if I want a badge there I have to pay for it myself.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Okay so update. Service manager called and said officially Honda is not putting a badge on the engine for the 2022 models. This is a super bizarre cost-cutting measure to me and I don't like there being a blank on the engine but I guess according to Honda it's supposed to be that way. They basically told me if I want a badge there I have to pay for it myself.
While a very silly cost cutting move, my bet is they ran out of the badges and since the model is being discontinued, they just decided to forego the badge and save a few pennies, hoping no one would notice. Since I’ve only ever opened the hood maybe 3 times in 3 years, in the grand scheme of things, I doubt I’d notice or care about the presence of the badge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked yesterday and mine is missing too. Thanks for bring this to our attention. I like the badge so I think I will order one.

Update: I decided to also order the splash guards($79) since I was paying so much for shipping. The splash guards were also a little less than the Honda dealership recommended on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts